Cloning an hd...

The Situation....I bought a 160gb raptor to put in my new comp and was wanting to use it as the boot drive but I don't want to lose any current installed programs or files..

What I was hoping to do was use hdclone and just clone my current 160 gb samsung to the raptor but I have the free version and it tells me that I can only clone from a smaller to a larger drive with the free version..

To clone from the same size or to a smaller drive I need atleast the basic version of hdclone. I would just buy the basic version and call it a day but I'm cheap and don't want to spend anymore money..

So does anyone know of a free hardrive cloning program that I could use? or an easy alternative?

Cool, can I "Borrow" it from you? lol j/k

I started to buy norton ghost but It never said it could copy a bootable drive and allow the copy to boot also. I tried one free program that copied all files and the windows folder but it still wasn't bootable... Have you actually copied your boot drive with it and used the copy as master? if so I might go ahead and get that..