Copying Dolmexica + burning images

hi,

im new to this whole burning rips to cds and amking them work on dc's and i need some help (sorry for bring up an old topic)

i downloaded 2 dolmexica release of Ikaruga both celf boot, one in .cdi and one in .nrg

I have alcohol 120%, newest version

nero 5+6 ultra edition

discjuggler pro newst version

now i have plenty of blank cd-rs to play with but I would like to save as much as possible for future games

1st problem

when i burn the game in nero 5+6, using the method suggested in this topic and when i put it into my DC, i can hear the disk spinning but it doesnt load, i have the same problem with discjuggler and alcohol

2nd problem

i bought another ikaruga off ebay, i thought it was the real thing but it turns out to be a home burnt dolmexica release too and it does work perfectly, i tried to copy this disk for a backup but nero, alcohol, discjuggler all say that there is a reading error at 48%. so if that guy who burnt it and it works fine how come i cant create a copy of it, i tried creating an image in different formats such as cdi, nrg but none seems to get past 48%.

can anyone help me? i have read everysingle reply to this topic but none seems to be a solution.

btw i like this forum, since i can actually discuss about copying games without getting banned! :P i love it!

Edited by weirdoku

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so do i have to start a new topic about this?

No, you don't have to, since the topic in question is a sticky.

In any case, stickies are meant to provide information on a single or few issues, not to turn the entire thread into question/answer parade, unless that was the topic starter's intention in the first place.

thanks for seperating my question, i didnt know about the whole topic bumping but i wont do it anymore

i now have a request, if I send you the .rar of Ikaruga (through MSN or i'll upload it somewhere) which contains a selfboot .cdi image of it would anyone be able to test it for me? i mean actually unzip the file and actually burning it to a disc and test it on their dreamcast, and if it does work, would you then be able to tell me exactly which program they did it with and with what settings?

thanks very much! i really appreciate it if comeone can do this, i just found out that one of the 2 disks produced a disk error while playing the game :rolleyes:

I have a codebreaker boot dsik to play different region games (I use it for test drive le mans US), is this a boot disk or just a disk to play different region games?

i have also burnt utopia 1.3 but my dreamcast doesnt seem to recognise the disk at all, i put it in, the disk starts to spin and makes some strange noises, like the laser is moving up and down continuesly.

could it be my dreamcast is a HKT-3030? but then again the Ikaruga i bought works fine so im not totally sure if its the model.

im using MAXELL CD-R's, i heard that some brands are better than others while some brands dont work at all, im gonna buy a few VERBATIM CD-R's

(the same as the Ikaruga I bought)

Madman, shall I send you me msn address so i can send you the .rar of the Ikaruga's I downloaded? or shall i upload it somewhere then send the link to you via a PM?

Thanks very much!

Edited by weirdoku

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! A MIRACLE HAS HAPPENED!

i just dowloaded a .cdi of under defeat and burnt the image with discjuggler on these settings

MODE: MODE 2

BLOCK: 2048

Offset: 0bytes

TOC: CD_DA

SPEED: 8X

RAW Write

Overburn CD/DVD

Add post gap to 3rd party images

AND IT WORKS! MY FIRST WORKING BURNT GAME! :rolleyes:

now im gonna try ikaruga!

Edited by weirdoku

I would recommend you don't use Discjuggler. Any burning software that can't recognize it's own format properly is a piece of crap. You shouldn't have to alter any settings for an image created with the program you're burning it with, for it to work right.

I burn all mine with Nero, mounting CDI images in Daemon Tools and doing a disc copy. Never had a problem.

BTW, this also affords me the ability to check if an image is selfboot. Just check the disc in Nero, and if there are 2 sessions......it's self booting.

Bin/Cue is never self booting btw, format can't support multisession.

Just check the disc in Nero, and if there are 2 sessions......it's self booting.

:D i wish i knew that earlier....

so this image, below, should work when burnt on standard settings in alcohol, since that's the only program i have that recognises that image.

untitled.JPG

but i have already tried burning this on RAW mode and it doesnt work, i've burning it on normal settings and let you know :)

all the other ikaruga images i downloaded have 3 tracks!

edit: burning it on normal settings didnt work either! :banghead:

Edited by weirdoku