Pixel Artist NEEDED (for PC game)!

olaf

I've recently been working on a game engine in my spare (and not spare) time. At this moment in time -- the engine itself is finished -- including AI (artificial intelligence, for those not acronymically inclined). It's -- in its rawest form -- a simple RPG game engine. In its final blossoming it will be an Internet-based Microsoft Windows PC game. Now, my only problem is that I'm a horrible artist -- especially on the PC. I need an artist who can dedicate a lot of time to making graphics for me. This includes (but is not limited to): "heroes", monsters, backgrounds, and other objects/obstacles (such as trees, gold, chests, boats, etc.). Now here comes the specifications to what you will be working with.

- Dual layers (floor [background, ground, etc.]/monster [sprites, etc.]) with specifiable "obstacles".

- 640x480 visible area made up of 32x32 pixel tiles (300 tiles per layer)

- A fully done/easy-to-use map editor -- click here to see it in action (with filler tiles)

I'm pretty layed back on how I want things to look -- and am even open to the graphics artist of being fully in charge of map making, etc.

Questions or comments -- ask here or e-mail me (olafcore@gmail.com).

:)

I've recently been working on a game engine in my spare (and not spare) time. At this moment in time -- the engine itself is finished -- including AI (artificial intelligence, for those not acronymically inclined). It's -- in its rawest form -- a simple RPG game engine. In its final blossoming it will be an Internet-based Microsoft Windows PC game. Now, my only problem is that I'm a horrible artist -- especially on the PC. I need an artist who can dedicate a lot of time to making graphics for me. This includes (but is not limited to): "heroes", monsters, backgrounds, and other objects/obstacles (such as trees, gold, chests, boats, etc.). Now here comes the specifications to what you will be working with.

- Dual layers (floor [background, ground, etc.]/monster [sprites, etc.]) with specifiable "obstacles".

- 640x480 visible area made up of 32x32 pixel tiles (300 tiles per layer)

- A fully done/easy-to-use map editor -- click here to see it in action (with filler tiles)

I'm pretty layed back on how I want things to look -- and am even open to the graphics artist of being fully in charge of map making, etc.

Questions or comments -- ask here or e-mail me (olafcore@gmail.com).

:rolleyes:

olaf, if you're really interested, contact a member called Akane on my forums...

s/he (no one really knows) is an EXCELLENT artist and Sprite artist.