PSP 2.5/2.6 DOWNGRADER IS OUT

Thats right! Dark_Alex has released a new BETA with some help from Mathieulh and Yoshihiro from SonyXTeam!

Remember, this is still a BETA and could possibly brick your PSP! There are a lot of reported successions though! Use this downgrader at your own risk!

Requirements:

1. Your PSP CANNOT be a TA-082 (If you do have this PSP version, it may result in a brick)

2. Your PSP CANNOT be a factory 2.50/2.60 PSP! It had to have been updated once before from a previous version or the downgrader will not work!

Instructions:

1. Extract the files form the download below into the ROOT of your memory stick. And select yes to replace any files.

2. Run GTA and load the eLoader.

3. In the eLoader menu, choose the downdater test. (WARNING: the program won’t output any display and any warnings, it will initiate the downgrader process inmediately.)

4. The memory stick light will flash indicating the PSP is being flashed from the files on the memory stick.

5. The screen WILL NOT display any info or anything for safety purposes!

6. Wait for the memory stick light to stop flashing and wait at LEAST 1 minute!

7. Now turn off your PSP after waiting enough time and making sure the memory stick light is no longer flashing.

8. Turn your PSP back on. If all worked correctly, you can now enjoy the full benefits of firmware 1.5! If things didn’t go so well, you might still have 2.6 or even worse a paperweight. YOU TOOK THE RISK!

Took the chance of bricking my 2.6 PSP and now i have 1.5 psp :blink:

Edited by Xx1LLMAT1CxX

read this, i dont see any mention of gta

http://www.sonyxteam.com/

The only way to run eloader is using the GTA gamesave exploit.

Update #3: Dark_Alex has informed everyone that he will release the "final" version tomorrow. The changes in this version are best to be heard from the man himself - "Well, really, there is no much that it can be done to the downdater. I'll add a check for the AC adaptor, it will display a red screen if it's not connected and return to eloader (note: that will be done in user mode because of the problems of the display functions with this kernel mode exploit). Also, remove the logs, since they could end the free space of a 32 MB ms, and that will be the latest version that will be released tomorrow. I prefer not to touch the "real thing". If something works, better not to change it"

Its been pretty much confirmed to be working. Theres been more successful downgrades than failed downgrades.