Yes, King of Fighters XI IS playable on PCSX2!

It is very difficult to find the cause of the problem from such a general error message (unless you can debug and trace memory maps and work out the problem from there).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 2.36GB Gant image mounted in Daemon 4.03HE, mounts fine and everything. In PCSX2 I have configured Cdvdrom plugin P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.2.0 to use the drive Daemon provides, no problem there.

Why would you even need Daemon Tools? :lol: I run both this and Samurai Spirits:Tenkaichi Tenkakuden just fine without Daemon Tools!

I have the 2.36GB Gant image mounted in Daemon 4.03HE, mounts fine and everything. In PCSX2 I have configured Cdvdrom plugin P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.2.0 to use the drive Daemon provides, no problem there.

Why would you even need Daemon Tools? :) I run both this and Samurai Spirits:Tenkaichi Tenkakuden just fine without Daemon Tools!

Oh! Hehe I'm used to that from the DC emu, I'll try it without running it thru Daemon.

LOL it worked then, but I get a back screen after selecting Arcade mode =/ Second time I tried I got the black screen after pressing start. Also I have no sound (tried both sound plugins).

Edited by pwr

Oh! Hehe I'm used to that from the DC emu, I'll try it without running it thru Daemon.

LOL it worked then, but I get a back screen after selecting Arcade mode =/ Second time I tried I got the black screen after pressing start. Also I have no sound (tried both sound plugins).

Yep! It was never meant to be run through Daemon Tools unlike the Chankast.

I can play it fine using Arcade mode; I only play on Arcade mode now after I spent a few hours in practice mode! :)

This current version of PCSX2 doesn't support sound or music in King of Fighters XI; the music and sound are probably going to be emulated in the next version.

Ah! A black screen is a common problem; could you post your PCSX2 configuration and the PC hardware you are running it on? <_<

Yep! It was never meant to be run through Daemon Tools unlike the Chankast.

I can play it fine using Arcade mode; I only play on Arcade mode now after I spent a few hours in practice mode! :D

This current version of PCSX2 doesn't support sound or music in King of Fighters XI; the music and sound are probably going to be emulated in the next version.

Ah! A black screen is a common problem; could you post your PCSX2 configuration and the PC hardware you are running it on? :)

My hardware is:

Abit AN8-V (BIOS rev. 2.0)

Athlon 64 3000+

2 x 512 MB Kingston Valueram DDR400 (3-3-3)

WD800JB, WD1600JB

Gainward Ultra/2300PCX Nvidia 6800 GS

Antec SP-400P

XP Pro SP2 up tp date

PCSX2 0.9.1

config:

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.95.2

Peops spu2 dsound driver 1.4.0

PADwinkeyb 0.9.0

Linuzapps cddriver

Bios USA 01.60

Tried pretty much every config/bios combination

• 1 month later...
My hardware is:

Abit AN8-V (BIOS rev. 2.0)

Athlon 64 3000+

2 x 512 MB Kingston Valueram DDR400 (3-3-3)

WD800JB, WD1600JB

Gainward Ultra/2300PCX Nvidia 6800 GS

Antec SP-400P

XP Pro SP2 up tp date

PCSX2 0.9.1

config:

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.95.2

Peops spu2 dsound driver 1.4.0

PADwinkeyb 0.9.0

Linuzapps cddriver

Bios USA 01.60

Tried pretty much every config/bios combination

My computer specifications are similar or worse so I don't see how the hardware can be a factor:

Pentium 4 3.4 GHz

512 MB of RAM

Radeon X300 (64 MB of video RAM)

XP Pro SP2 up to date

PCSX2 0.9.2

config:

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.96.0

Peops spu2 dsound driver 1.6.0

PADwinkeyb 0.9.0

Linuzapps ISO CDVD driver 0.5.0

Bios USA 01.60

My only remaining advice would be to try PCSX2 0.9.2 since the R2 build has now fixed a similar issue such as my black screen in Samurai Spirits Tenkakuden after one battle! <_<

• 1 month later...

I know this is off-topic, but does this ISO work with a real, modded PS2?

I have tried to burn this ISO two times, once in Alcohol 120% at 8x, the other using ImgBurn at 16x. Neither of them are recognized as Playstation 2 games (red screen). Did anyone here get this working, and if so, how?

Yes, I do have a modchip, and I have many DVD-Rs I got working perfect using Alcohol, so I suspect the ISO is faulty. It is mode 1 disk, I thought PS games were supposed to be mode 2 / XA?