Yes, King of Fighters XI IS playable on PCSX2!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it shows a black screen with the new verision of pcsx2. That's why i asked which version of the emu he has. Maybe the previous ver. will let you play the game.

If the altest version gives you a black screen, then the problem is most likely in your configuration or hardware.

it shows a black screen with the new verision of pcsx2. That's why i asked which version of the emu he has. Maybe the previous ver. will let you play the game.

If the altest version gives you a black screen, then the problem is most likely in your configuration or hardware.

It's not a hardware problem. Just becuase it's the latest emulator doesn't mean it improves all games. Some games may not work properly or at all in newer versions until a stable emu is released. This happens all the time with emu's which, again, is why i asked which version he was using. So anyone have any clue on if this works with pcsx2 0.9.1?

It's not a hardware problem. Just becuase it's the latest emulator doesn't mean it improves all games. Some games may not work properly or at all in newer versions until a stable emu is released. This happens all the time with emu's which, again, is why i asked which version he was using. So anyone have any clue on if this works with pcsx2 0.9.1?

It DEFINITELY works for PCSX2 0.9.1; I got it to work using 0.9.0 AND 0.9.1

0.9.0 got me King of Fighters XI running at an average of 10 frames per second and that allowed me to do Super Cancels and even Leader Desperation Moves! :o

0.9.1 allows me to run King of Fighters XI at an average of 30 frames per second! :) I have barely begun to test what I can do now! :(

Here are the options I chose:

GSdx9 (MSVC 14.00, SSE2) 0.9.0

P.E.Op.S. SPU2 DSound Driver 1.4.0

PADwinKeyb Driver 0.9.0

Linuzappz Iso CDVD Driver 0.5.0

DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

USBnull Driver 0.4.0

FWnull Driver 0.4.0

USA v01.60(07/02/2002)Console

Edited by garyoak99

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new. I have the 1.97 GB group of files, which includes kof11-gant.part01 through part 43, and kof11-gant.sfv. I also have PCSX2 version 9.1. How the heck do I load the game? I have the bios too, but PCSX2 says I don't. Please advise. Am I missing files? What do I need?

Thanks a lot!

Get WinRAR and extract the split archive with that. The .SFV (Simple File Verification) file is only used if you want to verify that the archives have no been tampered with nor corrupted in some other way. It's in no way a crucial file. Google for an SFV Checker if you want to use it.

Get WinRAR and extract the split archive with that. The .SFV (Simple File Verification) file is only used if you want to verify that the archives have no been tampered with nor corrupted in some other way. It's in no way a crucial file. Google for an SFV Checker if you want to use it.

All the files were already split up when I downloaded them. Do I need to zip them back up? And am I supposed to load .elf files only? Or do I create a virtual disc of the .rar archive and load the virtual CD? And when I try to do that, it says it can't use the bios, which I DO have in the bios folder. (They could be corrupt, I suppose)

I get the sense that using PCSX2 is not easy, so if you could provide very clear instructions, start to finish, for playing the game I would be extremely grateful. I should first mention that I have a 2.66 GHz CPU, so hopefully that'll be fast enough for a "reasonable" frame rate. Feel free to e-mail me if you wish at schw0373@hotmail.com. Thanks a million- Scott

Either Zip or RAR the entire image or leave it uncompressed. Most PCSX2 CD/DVD plugins work with both. Preferably in a known CD/DVD image format or the the ELF.

Expect that your machine can't give you "reasonable" framerates, depending on what your definition of reasonable is. I don't use PCSX2 so I'm not the one to ask for detailed instructions.

The rough outline is:

1. Mke sure you have a graphics plugin for PCSX2. Configure the GPU plugin if need be.

2. Same with the Audio, Controller plugins, etc.

3. Make sure you have a valid PS2 BIOS that's in the Bios folder. Make sure you select the BIOS when you go through the configuration window.

4. Configure the CD/DVD plugin to work with the image you have.

5. Run the emulator, hope for the best.