Do you wear glasses? - Over 80% of Often PC Users Do!

Alpha

Sadly I have been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old. :lol: I have gone through Braises, Retainers, Nose Drops (frequently because of chronic sinus problem), and even Eye Drops (my eyes get red after being on the pc too much).

I never forget how many times my spouses would say, "1 More Minute You Stay on That Computer, And you Will be Blind!". I asked my local Eye Doctor, "Hey DOC, does watching Tv too much or playing on the computer too much hurt my eyes? DOC: Of course not! Whats the difference of starting at a computer or the sky or the clouds?" So I go on the pc frequently after with my usual excuse, "The Doctor says its ok!". 5 Months later it seems that things aren't as detailed. Some stuff are a little blury. I go back to my Doctor and then he says my eyes got worse by 1.00 or something. (I am near-sided) So anyways the most I go on the pc now is about 3-4 hours. I hate to do more.

How about you? Do you where glasses? Or is it just me! :lol::lol:

oh never.. luckily, i bought both my TV and Computer with a screen protection from visualizations symptons, this helps quite alot. :lol:

I've got glasses. I tried contacts for a few years, but my eyes became very sensitive (maybe they got drier than for most people) and contacts became much too irritating. I even wore just one contact lens at a time towards the end of it before I decided to go ahead with glasses in public. My eyes easily get bloodshot from lack of sleep, probably related to the somewhat dry eyes. Anyway, with the glasses, my eyes test better than 20/20 so that's good.

A few months ago, I got something called iritis, which was horribly painful. Thankfully that got cleared up. At the worst of it, even the light from my watch going into the good eye in a darkened room would make the patched affected eye suffer pain spasms. Holy crap it was worse than when I had an infected testicle, but that's another story. Needless to say, using a computer was difficult. As it got better, I watched Spiderman on DVD and it looked really amazing with all the colour and being able to use two eyes again. :lol::lol:

im a glasses man, if i dont have them i cant even go outside my eye sight is that bad! i also have very bad night vision i a am screwed with out my contact lens in. i am gonna get laser eye treatment when i am in a good job

Woah.

My freind needs glasses he is as b-l-i-n-d- as a bat...

He likes to accedently run red lights when im in the car with him...He asks... are you coming to the pub we are of in the car...im like...DANGER!!

He puts his glasses on things improve.

the eye doctor tried to stick me with glasses when i was like 9 i think. i didnt need em at all, but i wore em to make my mom happy. :lol: but as soon as i had to get braces, i chucked the glasses for good. no way was i gonna walk around with four eyes and a brace face. :lol: one of em at a time is enough. :lol:

I wear contacts but when im on the pc i have to remove them and wear glasses. If I use the contacts I can see less than normal - I have to keep moving away from the screen and blinking.

My theory on this is that either the monitor causes dry eyes or thegames i play cause me to not blink for longer periods.

Anyone else noticed this effect?