An Easy PSX Swap Trick

Haldrie

I actually did use this swap trick with Spyro: Year of the Dragon which does have anti-mod protection on it and it gave me that warning screen that shows up when it detects that the system is modded. However I also did this trick on my PS2 (a bit more complicated and you can damage the CD tray if you don't know what you're doing) and it read past it and I was able to beat the game whith no problems.

I'm surprised anyone is still reading this thread btw. I had thought of it as dead until I saw a reply to it a few days ago.

ok here is an example of what im doing, i how ever dont know if i should posts problems but i thought, maybe you can see what im doing wrong, ok i did 2 burning solutions one was copy the ISO data and put it to a CDR+ in the burn drive folder, used this trick 2 times, then i used nero 7 and burned 3 times, ok now the game im trying to BURN is "Xenogears" after burning in 2 solutions using 5 discs, i went to my ps1 and set up the tap in the disc tray, ok every things working, i pop in my code breaker and let it load, Burning solution#1 disc, made a bunch of clanking sounds, BOTH discs did this, but i got no earror message, then i used the 3 discs i burnt with nero 7, it did not make a noise neither give me a error message, how ever it did not load, can you explain something here?

ill repeat in a short way of my orders i done: 1 copy to burn folder, burn 2 discs and then try playing them, they make a CLANKING sound, and no loading came to the game

#2 order: 3 discs burnt in Nero 7, no clanking sound came out of this, but no loading either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

should i use Alchohol 120% for this?

or, can you tell me if im missing something? :)

"oh and haldrie what server you in ffxi?"

Edited by Bissac

Ok for one you have to burn the ISO itself not just copy the data to a disc. The files in the ISO are arranged in a specific order on the disc so that is will load in the Playstation. There is no program other then the one used to burn the original Playstation disc in the first place that you can use to recreate this order. Nero is capable of burning .iso, .cue/.bin and .nrg images.

I guess my question now is what brand of CD-Rs are you using?

im using Maxell 700 MB CD-R, which Xenogears is just 654 mb, i used nero 7 burning ISO engine to burn it to the CDR, unless other wise, if not at all, what program is more accurate using then? or is it my CD's im burning with?

Edited by Bissac

It seems that you are burning the images correctly and the discs you are using are good. In this case the only thing I can think of is that you could be performing the swap trick wrong. What exactly are you doing step by step? I might be able to point out your mistake.

ok first i used Nero 7, burnt 2 copies in Iso CD-R format, with the normal default setups using no changes, i burnt the Cd at speed of 4 x burning speed, i dragged Xenogears.img or (iso) into the burning list and clicked burn, i ignored speed check as its buggy and freezes, then when complete i tested it out through my code breaker, this Code breaker is really old, and it seems it runs differently from other cheat devices, now tho im not sure, as its a theory - cause my code breaker freezes on booting game if there is a code that is out of wack, but i didnt use codes to swap my discs, so it shouldnt have had a problem. other then that, thats what i did with my steps

now step 2- i just copy the .IMG file into the burning drive without nero and just copied. (these discs make noises) on this solution.

are you doing this on a PS2? Because my PS2 is the same way, It refuses to read anything but original PSX and PS2 CD games. Its like it knows. It just makes clanking noises and wont read any original audio cds, burned audio cds, burned games, swap magic cd disc, anything, its really stupid.

It seems all you're doing is burning the image file itself on to the disc. I'm willing to bet that if you browse the disc you will only see the .img file in it. Since it seems you are using a CloneCD image then what you will have to do is mount the image using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and use Nero to copy the virtual disc to a real disc.

If you burn the disc correctly you should see many files and folders on the disc. If you need help doing this I am willing walk you through.