.cdi burning help

I currently run on the Alcohol 120% (found this nifty tool turning Final Fantasy Tactics into an ISO) to burn the .cdi to CD.

Problem is after finding the bios and flash file, I only get the emulation of the dreamcast and when I select "Play" it tells me to insert the game disc. I've tried putting the disc in both the DVD drive and the CD drive and changing the directories and such. On the newest Chankast of course.

I have a feeling that I missed a step or two burning the actual CD. I've noticed a lot of people referring to Disc Juggler for cdi files, but before I go and waste all my blanks I thought I'd check here for some advice.

The cdi was named:

DC - Jet Set Radio(nonboot)(CDI).cdi

I'm sure one of these steps includes making this file into bootable CD or maybe converting it to .iso, but I'm still a newbie when it comes to burning DC games.

I guess when you open the Drive in windows-explorer, you see the file named "DC - Jet Set Radio(nonboot)(CDI).cdi" ??

If so, you burned it the wrong way.

I dunno Chankast, but if it reads nonboot, try loading the DC Bootdisk in chankast first

Edited by Madman

Chankast sort of works with non-selfboot games, but naturally you'd need a bootdisc.

Personally, I don't even bother burning any console CD images to a CD, since they usually work a lot better and wfaster when mounted.

Why the flock do people still share non-selfboot images?

After putting it in the CD drive the disc is called JET_SET_RADIO

Unfortunatly it's also closed to any more editing, so it looks like I gotta trash this disc.

So I used the program Selfboot and it came up with the file.nrg, an extension I've never heard of. I try burning it with Alcohol 120% and everything seemed fine until the end.

nrg01.JPG

nrg02.JPG

nrg03.JPG

Also the ip.bin I used was just downloaded, copied and pasted into the JETSET folder, and I'm not sure if there is any tweaking of that file needed as well.

Edit: Just used Selfboot to create a cdi image (using the same copied and pasted ip.bin) and the burning process completed. Unfortunatly it just burned the.cdi and ip.bin onto the disc, w/o actually translating it over to the proper image. Now when I choose "play" on chakast.25 it just replays that little red swirly and starts over. Seems I have a lot to learn about burning DC images. Oh well, still have plenty of blanks to go through before I am forced to give up.

Also wanted to ask, is it possible to just run the iso's or cdi's strait off my hard drive? That would be spectacular if I could do that instead of going through all these CDs.

Edit #2: Just read in an earlier sticky that PC-CDROM can't read GD Roms at all, but I'm sure if people are able to get Chankast to work that I should just ignore that.

Edited by Kobiko

Also wanted to ask, is it possible to just run the iso's or cdi's strait off my hard drive? That would be spectacular if I could do that instead of going through all these CDs.

Yes, Use a virtual drive such as Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%'s own virtual drive and mount the image.

NRG is Nero's proprietary CD image format.

Yes, standard CD/DVD-ROM drive cannot read GD-ROM dics without modification. CD-Rs or mounted images are the only ways to go.

It reads you have an error sending the cue sheet.

The cue sheet is a simple textfile that comes with your

.bin file. Its a simple textfile that has some trackinfo in it.

Often the cuesheet contains wrong paths, something like

imagefile=C:\Documents and Settings\...\image.bin

If you dont have the bin file there, recording will fail. Open the .cue with notepad and make the thing read imagefile=image.bin

Thus the recording software would/should alert you earlier if it cant find the bin

i still think you burned it wrong. If you open the disc in windows explorer, what do do you see? Some crap or ip.bin and the cuesheet ?

Anyway, if you have daemon tools, try to make a disc to disc copy from the mounted drive to the CDR.

If you find some file with an unknown extension try http://www.wotsit.org/

Edited by Madman