Hangs up at "Connecting: Please Wait..."

clickbile

Hey, using various settings I can get my DS to connect to my router (I have to edit things manually - Auto Connect doesn't work with my WFC settings, and if I change my WFC settings manually so it does work, my DS can't connect to WFC anymore... 0_o), and I get to the point where I have to enter the server IP and password. For the server IP, I just use my computer's IP address. But after entering the password, I get hung up on the Connecting: Please Wait window. (I'm so close! ;_;)

I have checked the help topics on this and other forums, and it seems that I need to a. forward port 8888 to my router or b. since I'm using shared internet, check my computer's LAN ID and set that to Secondary DNS Address. I have set port forwarding on port 8888 UDP on my router, and it asks for the IP address... should I put my computer's IP address, or a whole new one? Also, for my LAN ID, how do I check it?

Thanks.

Edited by clickbile

• 10 months later...
Hey, using various settings I can get my DS to connect to my router (I have to edit things manually - Auto Connect doesn't work with my WFC settings, and if I change my WFC settings manually so it does work, my DS can't connect to WFC anymore... 0_o), and I get to the point where I have to enter the server IP and password. For the server IP, I just use my computer's IP address. But after entering the password, I get hung up on the Connecting: Please Wait window. (I'm so close! ;_:huh:

I have checked the help topics on this and other forums, and it seems that I need to a. forward port 8888 to my router or b. since I'm using shared internet, check my computer's LAN ID and set that to Secondary DNS Address. I have set port forwarding on port 8888 UDP on my router, and it asks for the IP address... should I put my computer's IP address, or a whole new one? Also, for my LAN ID, how do I check it?

Thanks.

same here.... help?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You only have to forward port 8888 on your router if you want to connect from the internet (ie. when you are away from home).

If you are on LAN you can just add the exception for 8888 to your windows firewall.

You can check your computers ip address by opening a command prompt and typing ipconfig.