Next version of DS2Key?

strongesthylian

I was wondering what the new features of the next version will be? Also, is there any progress? It's understandable if real life is getting in the way, but this forum has been kind of dead since the last release.

Readers: leave suggestions on features you would like.

I guess the biggest feature I'm most looking forward to is the use of multiple DSs for multiple controllers. 4 player Jump and Bump, anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I really only use the wardriving features so far.. I use it to help find a router i can play wifi games on.. as the ds hates my home router. I put it in wardriving mode and wander around looking for the best signal. Hotness.

Not sure how feasible the idea is... but it would be cool if it could keep track of the acess points found in like a text file or something... Maybe even record the packets instead of just viewing them on the fly.

I was wondering what the new features of the next version will be? Also, is there any progress? It's understandable if real life is getting in the way, but this forum has been kind of dead since the last release.

Readers: leave suggestions on features you would like.

I guess the biggest feature I'm most looking forward to is the use of multiple DSs for multiple controllers. 4 player Jump and Bump, anyone?

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I've partially been busy, and the other half lazy. If you haven't noticed already the current build is pinned in this forum as a beta.

About the multiple DS's for one server, I'll be updating the build on the site shortly with a version that can run multiple DS's (I haven't tested it thoroughly since I only have one DS). I've tested it with a friend that connected to my IP at his place, and it worked fine with 2 people. Bugs are most likely in it so please.

TEST, TEST, TEST!

I really only use the wardriving features so far.. I use it to help find a router i can play wifi games on.. as the ds hates my home router. I put it in wardriving mode and wander around looking for the best signal. Hotness. 

Not sure how feasible the idea is... but it would be cool if it could keep track of the acess points found in like a text file or something... Maybe even record the packets instead of just viewing them on the fly.

It's a very nice idea and it's completely possible, although I don't know if it will end up in DS2Key. I will keep a note, and try to implement it, as I myself wouldn't mind having that feature.

• 1 month later...

I use DSkey for wardriving as well. It would be cool if we can actually see the SNR db's as well as percentage. I'm looking for kismet-like features... dumping packet captures to a file, etc. That would rock.