Skippy games

I have an old version of swapmagic (2.0) and when i boot games they are skippy and freeze sometimes

DDR Strike (JP) did this and then later fixed itself, But Castlevania: Lament Of Innocence (US) wont stop!

Does PS2 just not like Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs? or is swap magic 2.0 crappy, or is there some trick to swap magic im not doing?

Do Ritek DVD-Rs work?

I have HD-Loader burned on a Ritek DVD (dont know if its -R or +R ill check if you want) but it does that thing in SwapMagic where it turns green first, But its somewhat scratched (its not mine) so that might be why, or its just a weird thing about HDLoader so i just wanted to make sure

• 2 months later...

The PS2 has problems with all -R discs. It would be best if you use DVD+R discs and if possible try to book type them as DVD-ROM so that they are even more compatible. Most Sony DVD-RW drives will automaticlly change the book type on all +R/+RW discs when it burns them. There are also several other drives that you can force the book type using DVD Decrypter. I burn DVD Video discs on both R/RW discs and they work fine when they have been book typed as DVD-ROM so this might help fix the skipping problems you are experiencing with your games.

actually, ps2 is more picky on +r media which if your are lucky enough to have a burner that supports booktype of dvd5 +r to be set as DVD-ROM (most burners do this only for +r dl's) would make the disc more compatible for drives that hate it tho i can pretty much say that +r is supported from v5 and up (v9 was the official support for +r but its well stated that +r's worked fine in v5 and up).

taiyo yuden discs are normally fine but depends on which dye you got like for example, the 4x ones i had my ps2 didn't like them much but the 8x ones (fuji brand but taiyo dye) work fine on my v7. ritek 4x dvd-rs worked perfect for me but early 8x ones my ps2 or xbox didn't like much and i would hope they changed the dye since then.

verbatim and tdk dvd-r's work damn well in my v7 ps2 so thats worth a shot and normally they would be one sale in stores.

i got some Memorex DVD-Rs that work perfectly for free :thumbsup1:

im using 16X Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs btw

im probably going to continue buying the 16X Taiyos for everything but PS2 games and just get crappy memorex or something for the PS2, because the Taiyos perform much better than anything ive ever used except for the PS2