A guide on #swiss steak#

Recipe For Swiss Steak: follows:

Lois Recipe:

I got the basic recipe from a church cook book that was put out many, many years ago and have added my favorite things to it along the way as I thought it was rather plain.. This is my version of Swiss Steak.. This will definitely feed 4 people, if not more. Anything can be added to this to make it spicier or omitted to make it less spicier... The bacon changes the taste of this dish...

Ingredients:

1-1-1/2 lbs round steak, cut into thin strips, dredged in flour to which you can add any spice mixture you want...

1 red or green pepper cut in thin strips or mixture of both.

I med onion, cut into slices ( I use white mainly but it doesn't matter)

1 tsp dry mustard powder

1 tsp white sugar

1 large ( 28 oz) tomatoes, diced

2 pkgs oxo beef powder + 2 cups water

2 cloves garlic, minced

salt, pepper and any other spices to taste..

( I use a bit of cayenne powdered pepper because I like a bit of a bite but not everyone does)

4 - 6 rashers of bacon

Method:

Slice meat when partially frozen as this makes it easier. Dredge the meat in a flour with seasonings added or plain flour. Fry up the 4 - 6 slices of bacon and remove the bacon from the grease.. Add the meat and brown. You can put this into a Dutch oven or any large pan. Add the remaining ingredients, add the cooked bacon crumbled and simmer for a couple of hours...either on stove top or in oven..350 °. Don't let this run out of moisture.. More tomatoes can be added later or tomato juice...Serve over rice..

Recipe from emsleys mum.

And most of all.

Enjoy :lol:

Sounds tasty :D

I may have to try and cook it for my gf on Sunday.

See, I have to do something special because I am going to the cup final on Saturday and I will be getting druuuuuuunk if the gers win. It's also her birthday!

So it better be good emsley or I will hunt you down :lol:

it looks really good, I want to just eat it out of my computer screen. Damn I love steak

lé magnifique, emsly, lé magnifique (just a wild guess, I never toook french)