Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Gryph

It's 3 episodes per "season," So if you measure by hours, which I don't really like to do, it would be 12-18 hr for $60 which is a tad more than AAA PC games are.

well I beat it yesterday.. all I can say is.. can't wait til the next ep is out.

Ok I'll share my moments:

-When I was in the underground escaping Citadel, so like my flashlight was dead so I had to let it charge..then as I ascend the stairs.. I hear some zombie muttering..which turns out to be Alyx lol she said " Got ja ! " lol something I would never expect from Valve hehe goodjob giving Alyx some personality hehe

-man.. I must say HDR is purdier than ever.. I stop at some points of the game trying to get nice screenshots of its reflection.

-oh man, the core in citadel.. ITS PRETTY.. I spent so much time throwing stuff in to watch it's reaction.

-when dog threw us into Citadel as are in the car, that ride was the best virtual ride ever.. yes way better than roller coaster by miles of adrenaline.

-when alyx said zombine, i chuckle lol

oh I would like to add.. that HDR lighting is extremely stable compare to Lost Coast. It's great.. no performance drop or anything (grr..why can't OB be like this =/ )

HDR lighting is something they shoulda done with HL2 a long time ago.. it's really purdy.

Because OB uses a completely different engine? An engine, that, believe it it or not, is actually similar to the cIV engine.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone played it yet? I bought it when it was first available to preorder on Steam but since I'm at my Dad's whose computer's video card craps up all time I can't play it. :P It sits here mocking me.

My local pirate store did not have it yet :P

Do we need Half Life 2 for this to play?

Your local pirate store?

From what I hear HL2 Ep1 was cracked less than a hour after it was released.

Huh?!? :) How come i can;t even find a copy here?

Man, the local pirate scene is slow this day. It did not help me that I now live in some forests and hills with a town in the middle.