Need Help On Lowering Temps On My Video Card

well a few months back i made a topic about having spikes in gfx in games like battlefield 2 and jacked and i thought it was due to driver error as someone suggested and i did use driver cleaner to fix the issue but it didn't cure it and then i thought i would try EVEREST to get my temps and to my shock the temp is at 80 (not sure of c or f but my best guess is c) <_<

i know i need to clean out my pc for its 3 months or so of dust but just wondering if anyone had good suggestions to lower my temps on it. in case you wondering, its in a antec server type pc case that came out a few years back that offers dual fans in the rear and 2 for the front (one for hdd cooling).

Dismantle every fan you have and clean them well. I do this every 6 months, and you'd be surprised at the dust that literally gets PACKED into the heatsink and directly under the fan.

I have to take a butter knife to my Indigo Orb CPU cooler to get the packed dust out of it. And it suprises me just how much is in there. And with any one fan/heatsink not working properly, you're just holding heat in and making other components hotter as well.

I would suggest just pry out the stock heatsink/fan and replace it with an aftermarket cooler. You will see great results.

Man, 80 C is flocking ridiculous. My computer started acting really weird after tems hit 59 - 62. The problem was the stock CPU fans, and it was ultimately replaced. I also added another case fan and got a new DVD-RAM drive under warranty because it got overheated beyond repair.

after doing some reading on a few forums for vid cards, i decided to get the NV Silencer Rev3 to replace the stock one on my evga 6800u card, only $19.99 at newegg.

got a local pc this weekend (in nj for those of you in nj :) ) so i might check around what else i can use to lower my temps in my pc.

after doing some reading on a few forums for vid cards, i decided to get the NV Silencer Rev3 to replace the stock one on my evga 6800u card, only $19.99 at newegg.

got a local pc this weekend (in nj for those of you in nj :msnoh: ) so i might check around what else i can use to lower my temps in my pc.

glad you took my idea :) not only that.. we got the same aftermarket cooler hehe.. btw.. just be sure to have some artic silver 5 handy ;)