*****.org Raided - Servers Seized

I guess I've always wondered why this hasn't happened to sites like this sooner. :D I dunno. I always figured if they were breaking the law, why even bother with politics?

But damn, they had good torrents.

Edited by Mooney

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a real important event for Sweden. If this is taken to trial, and the judge decides that hosting torrent files and being a "torrent tracker" for copyright-infringing material is illegal, it will effectively become the used "interpretation" of the law.

mmm.....

Seems like I can still download the torrents I got from there...

There are two options:

1)*** is not a tracker, only a directory, or

2)My client still remembers the old peers.

Your client will tell you what tracker it is useing. And also it maybe useing the DHT network.

Does anyone else find it completley rediculous that the Movie Picture Association of AMERICA and the Recording Industry Association of AMERICA should have anything to do with things that happen in SWEDEN?!

I found out when i went to the site and saw their message, i was pissed too because i just got a new swapmagic and im a total n00b at finding PS2 games

Does anyone else find it completley rediculous that the Movie Picture Association of AMERICA and the Recording Industry Association of AMERICA should have anything to do with things that happen in SWEDEN?!

Yeah, it is ridicuculous. They feel it's their business because *** had torrents for Hollywood movies. And by god, if someone even mentions "their" movies in the wrong contest, they have they're "fair" right to go on a witch hunt, even with insufficient evidence should it come to that.