X3 (X-MEN 3)

Ghost Rider needs better CG imo, but theres a compeltely different thread.

if anything, i think marvel themselves would jump in and make another one since they are planning to do some movies on thier own like iron man.

Big feeling, Iron Man will be trash. While sticking to more closer to *a source material, it might not end up as good. Case in point, while I did love the Ultimate Avengers animated movie, it was plagued with certain annoying and corny things. Dialogue for one and animation second.

*Like all Marvel comics these days, it will be based on Ultimates-line, with little stuff fromthe main universe, unless it's Punisher, thats completely in a different setting on it's own dispite being being in marvel 616.

Edited by K`dash

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dialogue on a lot of the more recent marvel books has been pretty bad. Like they're trying too hard to sound "hip" and "natural."

I haven't read much of the Ultimate stuff, sounds like I'll have to check some of it out. The first few issues of The Ultimates wasn't too bad, but haven't they hit the rest on that series like 4 times already?

As for no more Xmen films its all about money. With the Wolverine and Magneto storylines there will be need of flashbacks and X-characters to be around so its not all bad.

Imo personally they can always bring the characters for new films, like that neptune saying no one ever really dies thats especially true in comics.

Dialogue on a lot of the more recent marvel books has been pretty bad.  Like they're trying too hard to sound "hip" and "natural."

I haven't read much of the Ultimate stuff, sounds like I'll have to check some of it out.  The first few issues of The Ultimates wasn't too bad, but haven't they hit the rest on that series like 4 times already?

Ultimates is a hit or miss. Although very recommended for a start on comics. Then making your way to all the old stuff is a really good plan.

Imo personally they can always bring the characters for new films, like that neptune saying no one ever really dies thats especially true in comics.

No one ever dies in comics, unless their Bucky, Robin II and Uncle Ben...oh wait..

Dash I talking Marvel Comics Xmen specifically and with all the what ifs and alternate timelines and sometimes blatant turnaround on a story, characters can be made alive again.

And I said no one ever really dies, from reading comics as long as the character has use for a story the writers will bring back to life.

Dash I talking Marvel Comics Xmen specifically and with all the what ifs and alternate timelines and sometimes blatant turnaround on a story, characters can be made alive again.

And I said no one ever really dies, from reading comics as long as the character has use for a story the writers will bring back to life.

Out of spoiler block now.

Uncle Ben, Bucky and Robin II are still taboo in the comic industry. But they're back anyways!! Thanks alot DC and Marvel!

They brought back Bucky? Outside of alternate timelines? Didn't he even die in the Ultimates version?

And when did they bring Robin II back? I saw it in Hush but it turned out not to really be him.

Edited by Daeval

They brought back Bucky?  Outside of alternate timelines?  Didn't he even die in the Ultimates version?

And when did they bring Robin II back?  I saw it in Hush but it turned out not to really be him.

Bucky came back as "The Winter Solider" during Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America in regular marvelverse.

Also in Wolverine, it's been suggested that he's the one who actually helped James escape Weapon X, and murdered his wife and unborn child. Which James found out when he regained all his memories back in House of M. God House of M fukked alot of things up.

Robin II, Jason Todd, came back to life because of Infinte Crisis. DC's big event that competes against Marvel's House of M. Anyways, Jason came back to life because of a riff in the multiverse. Superboy-Prime once said "never supposed to die." But offically, he came back in Batman #635, and fully retconned back into existance explained in Batman Annual #25. While previously thought Batman killed him by throwing his batarang at him, he resurfaced as Red Hood (Joker's previous idenity before becoming Joker) just to piss off Batman.

Oh hell, in the end, I just blame Infinite Crisis, DC's way of fixing the main all the problems that happened on Crisis on Infinte Earths. It actually caused more problems then it seems. The only thing IC fixed properly was Powergirl's friking origin!

Oh and, just because I can, Uncle Ben came back in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Although while an alternate reality Uncle Ben, it's Uncle Ben none the less. Hobgoblin of 2211's doing no less.

Edited by K`dash