FIFA World Cup thread

Italy 1 - 0 Australia WHAT THE flock!!! BY PENATY AND A FAKE FOUL!!!

Sorry for shouting but that not fair.

Better luck next World Cup!

To tell you the truth, I didn;t support Australia because they knock out Uruguay :)

I've seen enough replays. If it were hockey, the Italians would have racked up a minimum of 1 "Diving" penalty per game so far.

That penalty was a disgrace. It wasn't even there. Australia were clearly the better team.

Not happy.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this will quite a classic qtr final we have here.

Germany Vs Argentina *this should have been the final*

England Vs Portugal *grudge match Euro 2004*

Italy Vs Ukraine *the m,ost undeserving qtrfinalists*

Brazil Vs France *another Grudge match WC98*

Germany Vs Argentina  *this should have been the final*

4 - 2 (penalty) to germany and that means as an Englishmen I am going to say that England cross-continental rival...

Argentina are out of the world cup!!!

Argentina are not as good as they used to be.

Edited by Hexter

On my way down town today to get some smoked meat (REALLY worth the 45 minute drive, REALLY worth the 5 hour flight also according to someone from L.A. I had a lovely chat with while in line), Every bar I came across, I shouted "GO BRAZIL" I was greeted with Cheers and various profanity!

Then I found out it was Germany vs Argentina! Hell, it was a good game, across the deli was a pub with the game on the big screen, several people outside the bar, even a few police officers were watching.

So, I switched it up, "Go Germany!" (simply because my girlfriend is german). And the game was still on while I was out.

What kind of crack-assed rules allow for a team to win with a tie in an elimination round? How do points mean anything once you're out of the round robin?

What ever happened to overtime (extra/injury time if you want to be a picky soccer freak) until someone scores?

Stupid system for what is the "playoffs"

What kind of crack-assed rules allow for a team to win with a tie in an elimination round? How do points mean anything once you're out of the round robin?

What ever happened to overtime (extra/injury time if you want to be a picky soccer freak) until someone scores?

Stupid system for what is the "playoffs"

They did have an overtime, (2) 15 mintues halfs and then the shootout.