Netpumper installed these pop-up ads in MS IE!

My stupid brother installed Netpumper. It installed these pop-up ads in Microsoft Internet Explorer! To add insult to injury I asked him if he got the.mp3s he wanted and he said NO! :(

Now every time I surf the web with IE; I see a pop-up advertisement appear within one minute regardless of the website! :ph34r:

I already un-installed Netpumper but the ads still appear every time I surf the web with IE! Other browsers like Mozilla are unaffected though.

I've tried both Spybot - S & D and Lavasoft Ad-Aware. They both scanned my computer and they quarantined certain spyware but the ads STILL appear EVERY time I surf the web with IE!

How do I get rid of the pop-up ads in IE? ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried hijackthis? It lists everything connected to IE and you can chop out any of it. Just be careful, you can chop out things you might need!

Oh, type netpumper into google, it lists all sorts of ways to get rid of it

try RegCleaner and remove it yourself

I've tried it but after I install it and I try to run it; nothing happens! :eek:

Have you tried hijackthis? It lists everything connected to IE and you can chop out any of it. Just be careful, you can chop out things you might need!

Oh, type netpumper into google, it lists all sorts of ways to get rid of it

I've tried it and I've even tried to analyze the results using a site. It didn't seem to list any serious problems to me though even with the analysis. Should I paste the hijackthis log here?

I've tried that! It just says to use the add/remove thing in Windows! I un-installed Netpumper days ago but the pop-up advertisement in IE is still there! Netpumper is NOT listed in the add/remove programs list any longer either!

Why the hell are you still using IE? Like Robert already mentioned, Google offers a surprising amount of help.

I use IE because I can surf faster that way. It accesses webpages faster than any other browser...even a few seconds faster for each page can make a difference.

I've already tried Google and that add/remove programs method no longer applies because Netpumper and any other adware isn't listed in it! ;)

I use IE because I can surf faster that way. It accesses webpages faster than any other browser...even a few seconds faster for each page can make a difference.

Actually, for me, Opera is faster than IE or Firefox.

Did you uninstall the program or just delete it?

Dont post the log here, there is a forum where you post it and its linked to on the hijackthis! site.

Actually, for me, Opera is faster than IE or Firefox.

Did you uninstall the program or just delete it?

Dont post the log here, there is a forum where you post it and its linked to on the hijackthis! site.

Woah! Really? ;)

I un-installed it of course! I know that deleting a folder won't get rid of the program itself!

I'll take a look at the hijackthis site then.

Could you offer any other tips? :eek: