Server Move Complete!

**UPDATE: 5/20/2006 - Server Move Officialy Completed**

It took a good 24 hours, but we're now on a new server. This should guarentee much less downtime, more stability, and more security. Thanks to everyone who came on IRC because we had some good conversations as well. We welcome all 1Emulation Fans back to your favorite emulation news and community website! :|

If you notice any bugs, please notify us (reply) in this thread.

Also, to 1Emulation hostees, an email will be sent out soon with the new information on the server (ex: directory paths) so you can fix your scripts. Please be patient while we continue to gather more information.

- 1Emulation Staff

P.S. All new users waiting for validation should have their accounts validated in a couple hours.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay -- to answer some questions --

Yes, everything that was on the old server is getting moved to this one.

In terms of hardware, the new server is about the same as the old one -- its the software changes that matter the most.

the old server was based on RedHat9 -- this new one is CentOS4 (redhat enterprise linux 4) and is Sooo much better -- For example, I havent even optimised anything for high traffic use yet.. its all set at default, yet its not even close to overloading.

Since there are now too many sites and running forums on this server, I pulled down DNS first, making it impossible for anyone to connect to any of the sites or services, except by IP number. -- I cant run around putting everyones stuff into offline mode anymore, there is just too many of them nowadays.

After that I backed up all the sites and databaases, and moved them.