Request for Testing (Internet Radio Client)

Grey

Ack, I tried to post here earlier and it didn't go through.

Grey:

I am working towards a release in the very near future - my official target is this weekend but it's unclear if I'll make that.

-Stephen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack! So soon? Yikes, I had better get to work. Thanks for the answer though. :P

If nothing else, I'll try to have higher volume next release. The volume is already all the way up on the DS, but I might be able to boost the samples. The shoutcast directory might take me some time. I had a brief look at the shoutcast directory in Winamp... and it looks like it would take quite a bit of effort on my part, and that's going to take some time. But consider it officially added to the planned feature list. :)

I think you should try to get some other way to have users input what stream they want to connect to before you try to get the shoutcast directory working. Perhaps reading a file off of a CF/SD card, or something appended to the nds file.

I think you should try to get some other way to have users input what stream they want to connect to before you try to get the shoutcast directory working. Perhaps reading a file off of a CF/SD card, or something appended to the nds file.

That's the current plan. I'll make it fancier in future releases, but for the next release, I want at least a bit of playlist support, and that's the easiest solution to implement.

Ack!  So soon?  Yikes, I had better get to work.  Thanks for the answer though.  :)

If nothing else, I'll try to have higher volume next release.  The volume is already all the way up on the DS, but I might be able to boost the samples.  The shoutcast directory might take me some time.  I had a brief look at the shoutcast directory in Winamp... and it looks like it would take quite a bit of effort on my part, and that's going to take some time.  But consider it officially added to the planned feature list.  :)

Actually probably not so soon anymore... I've put the code on CVS now so it's more likely I'll just polish it up some more and release later.

See http://blog.akkit.org/ for the details on CVS.

-Stephen

Thanks sgstair. I just built Dissonance against the CVS library, and it didn't really help my problems too much, probably due to a generally lousy connection. But if anyone wants to try it, here's a binary (no source, as it's built off of 0.2.1, just a different library).

http://grey.drunkencoders.com/projects/dissonance-cvs.zip

I'll try to get some work done soon. I've been playing Half-Life the last few days, as Half-Life 2 Episode One comes out soon, and I needed to get my fix in. But I just finished Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, and Half-Life: Blue Shift in the last week, so I think I'm good now. ;) I'm back in Linux where I belong, and preparing to boost the volume.

Thanks for the link. <_< I'm doing playlist parsing right now, but when I'm done, I'll see what I can do about the stream directory. I had a look at the screenshots, and that seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making some progress on playlist support. (Yeah yeah, I know it's not that hard, I've just been lazy, and I've made some absolutely bone-headed mistakes, so really I've just been moving my code around for the last few weeks). At any rate, the next version is likely to include playlist support, by compiling in a playlist at compile time. This should make it fairly easy to change the playlist for the more advanced users. But I also want a fairly robust default playlist. So, does anyone have any suggestions for stations to be included in the default playlist? The only one I really care about is Virgin Radio Classic Rock... so I'll leave it up to the community to decide the remaining stations. Post your response here, or email me at matter.grey@gmail.com. ;)