Wii Shell Revealed!

Finally, another console manufacturer has realized that sony took the SNES controller design and perfected it.

I do worry about the cable though.

Sorry, but that controller looks horrible. First, having the thumbsticks that close together is bad. Very bad. That is one of the few gripes I do have about the PS controller and Nintendo has now done the same thing and apparently put them closer together. Second, where are the damn handles? Think about the PSP. It has a similar shape. It's OK for a handheld, but I wouldn't want to use it as a console controller. Same applies here. Third, why the hell does the cord come out the side facing the player? When Sega pulled that stunt with the DC I thought it was the most stupid thing I had ever seen on a controller. Now Nintendo pulls the same stunt. WTF? THis controller is basically a conglomeration of the bad ideas for controllers over the past few generations.

The controler is ok, I do hate the no handles thing, is this control still a prototype?

Maybe nintendo hasn't tried the controler on a game that works outside of the Wiimote, if they did they might change it.

Finally, another console manufacturer has realized that sony took the SNES controller design and perfected it.

I do worry about the cable though.

Sorry, but that controller looks horrible. First, having the thumbsticks that close together is bad. Very bad. That is one of the few gripes I do have about the PS controller and Nintendo has now done the same thing and apparently put them closer together. Second, where are the damn handles? Think about the PSP. It has a similar shape. It's OK for a handheld, but I wouldn't want to use it as a console controller. Same applies here. Third, why the hell does the cord come out the side facing the player? When Sega pulled that stunt with the DC I thought it was the most stupid thing I had ever seen on a controller. Now Nintendo pulls the same stunt. WTF? THis controller is basically a conglomeration of the bad ideas for controllers over the past few generations.

I don't know about the thumbstick thing. That might bother me, but it doesn't with the DualShock. I've spent more time on handle-less controllers than I can even fathom, most of which were shaped a lot more like this thing than a psp. So, that I'm not worried about. And it's not real easy to see in this small picture, but the cable does appear to come out of the top, facing away from the player. It just drops back down behind the controller in the picture. That's what it looks like to me anyway, hopefully I'll confirm it tommorow.

All in all, controllers are largely a matter of personal taste, but this one looks like it will fit mine just fine.

If no one saw the interview with THE REGGINATOR on G4.

He said the controller plugs into the Wiimote. NOT The Wii itself.

Food for though there. It makes sense, as long as the Wiimote is within IR distance of the bar thingy.