Wii Shell Revealed!

Looks like Wii's controller shell has been revealed, even via Nintendo's website (see url). Wiigamer writes: "Our sources have confirmed to us that this is definitely real, however several questions still remain - why is there a cable, and does the remote simply click onto the bottom of the unit? Or is it now a stand alone unit?"

Nintendo made no mention of the controller shell at today's media briefing, but hopefully we'll learn more when the E3 show floor opens tomorrow.

Joystiq

Referring URL in the post.

Old school goodness reeks of it.

Finally, another console manufacturer has realized that sony took the SNES controller design and perfected it.

I do worry about the cable though.

I hate the PS controller. I prefer my left tumbstick up, in one line with the buttons. However, considering how uncomfortable the PS tumbsticks are to the tumbs, maybe it's better they are left down there...

Anyways, at least the PS controller have HANDLES!

Finally, another console manufacturer has realized that sony took the SNES controller design and perfected it.

I do worry about the cable though.

I hate the PS controller. I prefer my left tumbstick up, in one line with the buttons. However, considering how uncomfortable the PS tumbsticks are to the tumbs, maybe it's better they are left down there...

Anyways, at least the PS controller have HANDLES!

I assume you're refering to the xbox design. It's good for FPS games, but for anything else I prefer it the PS way. I'm still of the opinion that FPS games shouldn't be played with console controllers anyway (Wii notwithstanding).

Besides the left stick, the rest of the controller just fits better in the hands to me. The dreamcast controller was bad enough, then MS went and made it thicker. Ugh. But it's all personal preference.

The PS controller sticks feel really werid, I've never gotten used to them, even to this day. Sure i still use them, but it's just plain odd to me.

Well judging from the video of the chick playing mario for the Wii, the reason there's a cable there is to connect it to the actual remote.

Yeah but I would prefer it if it was wireless by itself. Hopefully the reason it is attached to the remote is for added functionality.