Who will get a PS3 now that the price is out?

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if it's a "cheap" Bluray player. Can you spell BETAMAX? HD DVD is going to spank the pants off Bluray and you know it. Sony's proprietary garbage formats always wind up staying on Sony hardware.......always.

I will get one when they're in the bargain bin price range though, Sony disappointed me enough with the PS2 that instead of being all excited to buy one like I was initially, I rented one with GT3 and another game and decided to wait for Gamecube............VERY glad I did.

Who cares if it's a "cheap" Bluray player. Can you spell BETAMAX? HD DVD is going to spank the pants off Bluray and you know it. Sony's proprietary garbage formats always wind up staying on Sony hardware.......always.

I will get one when they're in the bargain bin price range though, Sony disappointed me enough with the PS2 that instead of being all excited to buy one like I was initially, I rented one with GT3 and another game and decided to wait for Gamecube............VERY glad I did.

I dunno about that.. the Bluray does show some promise... :( aside from the $1000 Bluray player, the only machine that can play Bluray discs besides the PS3 itself.

When the major players in industries besides home theatre refuse to adopt your format, it's doomed. All the major players in the computer market are key, and 99% of them are on the side of HD DVD. The computer market is just as large, if not larger, a defining market point as home theatre for storage and optical media.

Given the fact you and I will at some point be able to buy an HD DVD burner, and unlikely or at least MUCH further in the future, a Bluray burner.......go figure. You'll also be able to buy larger capacity discs than Bluray can offer not too far in the future, as well as dual capability discs. DVD/HD-DVD content on one disc.

Consumers in the home theater market for a cheap HD player, will also opt for HD DVD even beyond Bluray because HD DVD players are still cheaper than a PS3. You can buy Toshiba's HD-A1 for $100 less than what a PS3 is going to hit shelves at ($499, versus the $599 price tag on the premium version PS3), and there are cheaper players out there.

When the major players in industries besides home theatre refuse to adopt your format, it's doomed. All the major players in the computer market are key, and 99% of them are on the side of HD DVD. The computer market is just as large, if not larger, a defining market point as home theatre for storage and optical media.

Given the fact you and I will at some point be able to buy an HD DVD burner, and unlikely or at least MUCH further in the future, a Bluray burner.......go figure. You'll also be able to buy larger capacity discs than Bluray can offer not too far in the future, as well as dual capability discs. DVD/HD-DVD content on one disc.

Consumers in the home theater market for a cheap HD player, will also opt for HD DVD even beyond Bluray because HD DVD players are still cheaper than a PS3. You can buy Toshiba's HD-A1 for $100 less than what a PS3 is going to hit shelves at ($499, versus the $599 price tag on the premium version PS3), and there are cheaper players out there.

I agree with you man, my money's on HD-DVD. I think it wil catch on faster to the ordinary consumer simply because everyone knows wat a "DVD" is lol. Blu-ray........R.I.P. :D

Oh yeah, will be gettin a Wii on launch day! Screw Sony and their PS3 :P