Who will get a PS3 now that the price is out?

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wouldn't want to lose the features mentioned, and $599 USD works out to 667.96 CAD so Sony can kiss my ass until that thing is nearly HALF the price.

I agree completely.

I'm not entirely sure if this was posted before (A quick glance says "no", but I may be wrong), but check this out:

"Sony failed to mention in its press conference a few differences between the $499 and $599 PS3 models -- besides the 20GB and 60GB HDDs, that is. According to a PDF on SCE's Japanese website, the less-expensive version is lacking the following: 802.11b/g wireless capability; MemoryStick/SD flash slots; and an HDMI video-output. Looks like potential PS3 owners who want to take advantage of these features will need to shell out an additional hundred bucks, but hey, at least every model comes with a HDD, right?

Also worth noting, The PS3 controller does not have any sort of vibration feedback. Apparently, it interfered with its motion sensors -- or maybe Sony is still feeling the heat from that Immersion lawsuit."

Taken from here.

while the price might be much, its worth noting that its cheaper then getting a standalone bluray player (about $300 or so less). sony did the same with ps2 when they chose dvd and $300 then was a bargin for a console with dvd.