v0.3 Wifi Lib Connection Troubleshooting Guide

sgstair

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
754boy: you have either a problem with open system authentication (which will be added in the next lib), or your configuration isn't set up the way you think it is - due to your explanation I can't tell which it is.
I think I also have problems with the open authentication system. But not sure. NWFC runs perfectly well using shared weg (128bit). And open non-wep also works, but open wep, either 64 and 128-bit, wont work. I'm able to connect to an ap, but then I don't receive any data (tried dns query and stuff).

I have a problem connecting with dswifilib. I downloaded version 0.3a and tried the wifi_lib_test app, but it will not connect to the access point. It stops at ASSOCSATUS_SEARCHING. I tried using WFC settings and manually. Wardriving will not see any access points either, even though I know there are a few in radio range. Packet capture does not capture anything. The wifi_example program cannot connect, either.

I have tried other homebrew too. DSMail does not work, but strangely DSOrganize can connect. I'm not sure what the difference is, since it uses dswifilib as well.

Official games can connect and use wifi without a problem. I am using a DS Lite (in the US, if there are different regions) with a EZ Flash 4 Lite.

I have tried compiling my own copy of dswifilib and testing apps. The wifi_example app does not work (will not connect; same as provided binary), and the wifi_lib_test app will not compile (missing ascii_bin.h).

Any thoughts?

Problem:

Hangs at ASSOCSTATUS_ACQUIRINGDHCP

Probable Causes:

* your router is denying the lib's DHCP request; I've seen this on a few routers and am looking into it.

* You have the wrong WEP key or mode configured.

I was able to fix this by manually adding my client manually to the DHCP settings in my router, instead of setting it to auto.

I have a problem connecting with dswifilib. I downloaded version 0.3a and tried the wifi_lib_test app, but it will not connect to the access point. It stops at ASSOCSATUS_SEARCHING. I tried using WFC settings and manually. Wardriving will not see any access points either, even though I know there are a few in radio range. Packet capture does not capture anything. The wifi_example program cannot connect, either.

I have tried other homebrew too. DSMail does not work, but strangely DSOrganize can connect. I'm not sure what the difference is, since it uses dswifilib as well.

Official games can connect and use wifi without a problem. I am using a DS Lite (in the US, if there are different regions) with a EZ Flash 4 Lite.

I have tried compiling my own copy of dswifilib and testing apps. The wifi_example app does not work (will not connect; same as provided binary), and the wifi_lib_test app will not compile (missing ascii_bin.h).

Any thoughts?

I have the same problem using M3 minsd on DS clasic, the strange thing is that I was able to connect but only a few times... this is not a router problem because my original mariokart can connect without problems to my router.

I was trying to use beup but the problem happens, after adding another accesspoint to WFC, beup ran with no problems but after reset the same problem happens and adding more accesspoints did not help. After that, I tried deleting the WFC data in firmware (using MarioKart orginal) then I tried beup and it works again.. but after two resets the problem happens again.. since that I cant connect to my router. I've got the same problem with the two examples in wifilib, so I think it is a bug in the lib.

I was trying to do some debug and I found that in someway the lib doesn't initializate correctly... for example: when I call Wifi_GetData(WIFIGETDATA_NUMWFCAPS,...) returns the correct number of APs in WFC but Wifi_GetNumAP() returns zero and thats why the lib keeps in searching state... I will try to do more research and post it if i found something

Any thoughts?

I have the same problem using M3 minsd on DS clasic, the strange thing is that I was able to connect but only a few times... this is not a router problem because my original mariokart can connect without problems to my router.

I was trying to use beup but the problem happens, after adding another accesspoint to WFC, beup ran with no problems but after reset the same problem happens and adding more accesspoints did not help. After that, I tried deleting the WFC data in firmware (using MarioKart orginal) then I tried beup and it works again.. but after two resets the problem happens again.. since that I cant connect to my router. I've got the same problem with the two examples in wifilib, so I think it is a bug in the lib.

I was trying to do some debug and I found that in someway the lib doesn't initializate correctly... for example: when I call Wifi_GetData(WIFIGETDATA_NUMWFCAPS,...) returns the correct number of APs in WFC but Wifi_GetNumAP() returns zero and thats why the lib keeps in searching state... I will try to do more research and post it if i found something

same problem here using G6 Lite on DS lite.

same problem here using G6 Lite on DS lite.

Are you able to connect with DSOrganize?

i'm afraid i'm not able to get DSOrganize to work with my G6 card.

Same problem here (ASSOCSTATUS_SEARCHING).

EZ3Flash + EZPass3

I know the router works with original games. (Netgear WGR614v5)

Do you guys know if it was working before?

Any thoughts?

NUMWFCAPS is not the same as GetNumAP! The first one is the number of APs you have configured in retail games on your DS. GetNumAP is the number of APs that were found by the scan. No?