Win2DS v0.5

Sintax

Hi there.

First, I want to say that this is an excellent program, one which I use all the time (I like to be able to keep tabs on on what's going on with the computer from various other places in the house). I kept the WEP off for a while so I could use it, until this new implementation which works very well.

One thing I had hoped would be changed in this version, however, wasn't, and so I figured I'd ask if it would be possible for the next version, if there is one.

While it's great to be able to easily focus on any part of the screen, enlarging it to the top screen, it can be hard to get the mouse into exactly the right position. Basically I run into being able to clearly see the button I want to click, but it's so small on the lower screen that it's hard to tap just the right spot. I know you can switch screens with the shoulder buttons, so that the enlarged view is on the bottom, but as far as I can tell, that doesn't change anything for the mouse...if the zoomed section is in the corner of the desktop and I try to click something in the middle of it, the mouse goes to the middle of the actual desktop. Couldn't it be made to work so that when the screen is switched, the mouse is also locked into that area, so that it would be easier to select whatever you wanted?

Oh, and lastly, the on-screen keyboard doesn't work in all programs for me (specifically it doesn't work with GAIM). Do you know why?

Otherwise this really is an incredible program, thanks for making it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FireFlyII: The zoomed view should make the mouse go where it is shown on the zoomed view (not in the middle of the desktop like you said). I took a quick look at the code and didn't see anything wrong, so I suppose it it a bug, I'm not sure why. Dunno why the keyboard doesn't work, I suppose it is the way Windows and some programs handle keystrokes.

New version that is fixed for the M3 is up!

edit- Changed the keyboard too, try it now.

Edited by Sintax

yay the corruption is fixed. but still cant connect to router. im using 128-bit wep..will that work with win2ds?

EDIT: i got it to connect a few times, but it mostly doesnt want to work. i have a feeling its cycling through the different conenction profile (i have 3 different ones) and it take time for it to fail on one and move to another. the connection ive been testing it on is profile #1...can you make it possible to specify which profile to use instead of waiting for it to time out?

Edited by joshr915

One other thing, if possible: Since now connecting through external networks, would it be possible to have the option of putting in dynamic hostnames rather than simply IPs? I know my home IP continually changes but I run a dynamic dns on it. Would make it a lot easier.

Just a thought.

I have read and followed the troubleshooting guide. I have opened UDP port 8888 to my WinXP system. I have set the WFC settings on my DS. I have a Passkey with the M3 adapter. Unfortunately all I get is the Win2DS "loading" progress bar then both screens go blank. Any recommendations would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks

Another wifi homebrew application wich doesn't work to me :-(

All I can to get is (after of to introduce no password):

"Waiting..."

I can't understand it, because all settings is correct: IP server, IP DS, gateway, DNSs, WFC data correct (with WEP) used by Mario Kart game... repeat: All correct in original game play.

But homebrew wifi don't work, in fact, it has never worked...

I'm very frustrated :-(

_. -. _. -._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-. _. -. _

Edit: Yeah! It already works! :-D

The problem was that the damn Windows XP firewall was activated (surely by my antivirus software).

Thanks Sintax for this interesting program :-)

Edited by Wonder Boy

I have a Passkey with the M3 adapter. Unfortunately all I get is the Win2DS "loading" progress bar then both screens go blank. Any recommendations would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks

My program doesn't have a loading progress bar! Sounds like a problem with the M3.

FireFlyII: The zoomed view should make the mouse go where it is shown on the zoomed view (not in the middle of the desktop like you said). I took a quick look at the code and didn't see anything wrong, so I suppose it it a bug, I'm not sure why. Dunno why the keyboard doesn't work, I suppose it is the way Windows and some programs handle keystrokes.

New version that is fixed for the M3 is up!

edit- Changed the keyboard too, try it now.

Sintax,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I'm at the end of my semester. Anyhow, yes, the keyboard works now, thank you very much! The zoomed view still doesn't seem right though. As far as I can tell, when I zoom in and switch the screens, the mouse is confined to the bottom right corner of the full screen, in roughly the size of the captured area, it just isn't actually the same as the zoomed area, so the only way I've found to get the mouse in just the right spot is to zoom, switch screens, and then change to "relative mode" for mouse movement and drag the cursor where I want it...

Still a terrific program though...and did I hear that it can work over the internet now? Doesn't have to be on the same router?

(oh, and if it helps any, I'm using the GBAMP)

Thanks again!

Works well here, I like the new interface.  Just two suggestions:

* Make the wifi light flashing optional

* Allow server IP to be changed using only the d-pad.

754boy, what router do you have?

I have a Quetec Softgate PCI adapter.....Nintendo WiFi works just fine but the wifi-lib doesnt. Do any of you other guys have this wireless card?

Anyone got this working on a Supercard[mini]SD? v0.4 worked great for me. v0.5a connects OK but then doesnt seem to update the screens or let me scroll around or interact at all. Odd. I tried changing the update speed to min & max, still no screen refreshing.