Win2DS v0.5

Sintax

I have a slight problem with this..I never bothered to try these until WEP support came out because I'm paranoid the government is stealing my packets and using them against me.

Anywho, I have the "hang at waiting" problem, I know my IP settings are 100% correct but what I find odd is there is nowhere for me to put my wep key in? Is this right, or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance, and yeah, I read and followed the manual config before posting here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywho, I have the "hang at waiting" problem, I know my IP settings are 100% correct but what I find odd is there is nowhere for me to put my wep key in? Is this right, or am I doing something wrong here?

You are correct in that there is nowhere to put WEP settings in my program. The manual connection settings are really only still there because I put them in previous version and as such as such decided there was no reason to take them out, just in case anyone still wanted to use them. However, previous versions didn't have WEP, so there in no place to put that in.

What you should really do is put in your WFC settings using an online-enabled Nintendo game, and enter your WEP settings there. You can also put most things on Auto, as there is really no reason to manually enter all the information any more. Then you can just choose 'Auto Connect' and everything will automatically connect with ease.

Ok, so no port forwarding, or anything like that? I have port 8888 UDP forwarded on my wireless router, and DS2Key is working perfectly, but 0.4 and 0.5 are just hanging at the waiting screen. Arrgh, frustration!

**Edit - Yeah, I got it working, not sure what I did different. Oh well, I won't change anythinganymore....runs a lil bit slow doesn't it? Are there any settings I can change to alter the compression or anything else?

**Re-Edit - Is there any way to save server settings on my DS? I'm using a Supercard CF with the 1.62 Firmware and a 1GB CF card.

Edited by Smashed_187

You shouldn't need to forward any ports unless you are trying to use it over the internet. Some people say it runs slow, and I don't know what to tell you, I can get it to update at almost 10 fps on the highest speed (although I'm sitting right next to the computer). You may have a firewall or something causing problems, it still sounds like your connection is shaky.

No way to save settings! If you use WFC data, the server IP is the only thing you should need to re-enter, barring custom keys maybe.

Edited by Sintax

No better with no firewall....I have a NAT with firewall, but I've allowed port 8888 UDP connections to go through it. I'll play around with some settings and let you know what I find.

**Edit - Still no good, I'm looking at a 2 - 3 second delay between pushing B and having the zoomed view move. Can anyone think of anything that would be giving me this? I also noticed that the mouse doesn't go where I'm touching on the screen... I use the small view to get in the general area of what I want to do, then switch to Zoomed view to be a bit more precise, but the mouse seems wayyy off when its in zoomed view!

**Re-Edit - After a bit of playing around, I have also found out that if I'm more than 5m away from the pc, there is n ocommunication between the routeer and DS. I'll try Pointy Remote and see if I have the same results with that.

....Yeah. Pointy Remote sucks.

Edited by Smashed_187

Wow, never heard of some of those problems before. I hope you know you can change the speed of the screen updates in the menu by pressing start (really just sounds like you have a bad connection though). Other than that, custom mouse cursors are known to be about 10 pixels off, but no one's ever told me about it being way off.

Edited by Sintax

im trying to use this with an M3-sd. i download, put it on, and run it but the visuals are very corrupted and the auto connect doesnt work. i have my online settings correct so that isnt the problem. ive also tried downloading the file multiple times but the visuals are still very corrupted, any ideas?

or can you host the file on another site maybe? (the attached files link just opens up a page of garbage text....)

Edited by joshr915

I think i have the same problem as you joshr915, with an m3sd, but auto connect work for me :-/ sintax, did you mean the auto-screenshots of the DS on the pc? they are fine, but they are only of the top-screen, or not?

i made a little picture to show the nice button-screen on the DS o_O

edid: bug fixed :P

Edited by LumpY