SNK crap, from the voice of Iggy.

SS64 did give us some interesting stuff. Morozumi has got to be the coolest looking Samsho character ever. And I must correct myself for a previous statement: Enja and Suija are SS64 characters (their visual design is, at least,) and they're in SS6.

Anyway, I'm not so much annoyed at the HNG64 so much as I am at the games' mechanics themselves. It's painful to think that SS went 3D at the same time Soul Calibur was in development, and 64-2 came out *after* Soul Calibur. For 2D, you *could* make an argument for a quality-gap between Cap and SNK, but I think it comes down to a matter of preference. For 3D, the 64 series wasn't even close to Soul Edge or Rival Schools, for instance, let alone Soul Calibur. That's an issue of design, not hardware. It's a shame the games were bad because they took the interesting character designs down with them (think how popular Shiki seems to be, and how much more SNK could use her if her debut game wasn't ass.)

SS64 did give us some interesting stuff. Morozumi has got to be the coolest looking Samsho character ever. And I must correct myself for a previous statement: Enja and Suija are SS64 characters (their visual design is, at least,) and they're in SS6.

[snip]

It's a shame the games were bad because they took the interesting character designs down with them (think how popular Shiki seems to be, and how much more SNK could use her if her debut game wasn't ass.)

1) SS5 and SS5SP also have Enja and Suija, or bust versions of the two brothers.

2) Her popularity is because she was designed after Aynami from NGE. Which apparently, is practically every fanboy's dream. Also because of her includence in the crappy SNK vs Capcom CHAOS also added to her popularity.

What Falcoon is subconcouisly doing with the KOFMI series is connecting them too the SamSho64 series. (The includion of Hanzo as a hidden character in KOFMI adds supports to this theory).

About Enja and Suija, I was just retracting my statement that SS6 didn't have 64 characters specifically because people might think their character designs were from SS5. IIRC, they're first referenced in SS4 literature.

I really don't see the similarity between Shiki and Rei, though. Shiki's story is somewhat reactive, and she's got that detached thing going on, but she's also very aggressive and un-Rei-like. I always thought she was a riff on that purple-snake-tattoo motif that keeps popping up in Japan.

I love Shiki but suck at playing her.

Asura on the other hand is Demon God in my book. Not familiar with SS64/-2 thus can't say. Are they even playable emulated?

How could a manufacturer lose their own game and hardware?! dumbasses. Enja and Suija maybe bust version in SS5/SP but they still rock and are quite different otherwise thus I consider them characters in their own rights. (gotta love the "I an GOD, worship me" attitude of Suija)

boohoo, I love LB....

America flocks up everything...

SNKP is going the wrong way...

SVC Chaos wasn't THAT bad...

what's Wii???

no biggie if no fighter comes to PSP we could always try to emulate teh old ones

Alfred: WHIRLDWIND RAIDAH!!!

Rick Strowd: Aaaaah, HEY BROTHAH!!!!

2D > 3D imo (in SNK's case at least)

in other news finally played Tekken 5. Paul rocks.

KoF Mi sucks....

help me got off WoW... PUUHLEEEZE!!!

Edited by AxL

what's Wii???

Use the internets. If you can't figure out what the hot topic of the past few weeks is, you don't deserve the internets.