Viacom Aquires X-Fire

VIACOM TO ACQUIRE XFIRE, INC. FOR $102 MILLION

We are very pleased to announce that Xfire has entered into an agreement to become a wholly-owned subsidiary of MTV Networks.

What does the acquisition mean to you? It means that Xfire is now backed by one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media. It means that Xfire will continue to grow and enhance your gaming experience. Xfire was created by gamers, for gamers. We will always remain committed to improving gaming with your friends. MTV Networks shares this vision with us, and they will help us to continue building Xfire into a larger and more exciting community, one passionate gamer at a time.

--- The Xfire Team

Xfire.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! MTV? Does this mean that all Xfire's downloads will be rappers talking about games, and no trailers/ demos? :) Gawd, I hate MTV... :D

I don't know how much, or if at all, it will change. Gametrailers.com was bought buy MTV and I don't really notice any difference.

Besides the addion of MTV related adds, Gametrailers stayed practically the same.

Viacom owns alot of shite. It seems like everyday they buy more companies, amassing into an even larger conglomerate. But no worries.......Google will get them in the end. Because Google always wins. :D

Edited by Sturmvogel

in the beginning it would probably be a good thing but over a long period of time i predict it to show irrelevant things and become like just mtv. RETARDED. LOL

Edited by Aoshi