DSWifi Lib Release 0.3!

sgstair

Please direct your attention to http://blog.akkit.org/ Where the details of the dswifi lib version 0.3 release are being kept :D

Many many improvements have been made to the library, and now at long last the lib has been released!

Feel free to discuss the new lib here, or on my blog, and let me know if you run into any bugs or have any requests for new features.

-Stephen

Nice release! It Ro><ors! :D

Edit by the best buddy, someboddy

This is just one letter, but I should translate it anyways:

Ro><ors="rocks", which is slang for good

Keep them coming!

Edited by someboddy

Does this mean someone can create a graphic-based homebrew web-browser?

That'd be da bomb! :D

Dont count your chickens before you even have eggs...

There are no HTML parsers yet, for the DS anyways(besides DSLinux), so that means that a browser should come soon, but how soon is soon? I'd say a few more months...

Edit: Well, I'll be damned, I forgot DSOrganize can read HTML and parse it (Text only, no images yet), and thats what it uses for the help files, so a DSBrowser COULD come sooner than I thought...

Then again, there's always Opera DS...

Edited by Nushio

Does this mean someone can create a graphic-based homebrew web-browser?

That'd be da bomb! <_<

Dont count your chickens before you even have eggs...

There are no HTML parsers yet, for the DS anyways(besides DSLinux), so that means that a browser should come soon, but how soon is soon? I'd say a few more months...

Edit: Well, I'll be damned, I forgot DSOrganize can read HTML and parse it (Text only, no images yet), and thats what it uses for the help files, so a DSBrowser COULD come sooner than I thought...

Then again, there's always Opera DS...

but opera will take longer, and i think i remember someone saying the HTML thing would be fairly easy...

heres what I read at GBAdev forums (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9348&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Tepples:

A web browser is an HTTP client plus a CSS layout engine plus an HTML parser plus an HTML default stylesheet.

So before we make a web browser, we need to make a simple HTTP client. Then if somebody builds a.nds loader around the HTTP client, we may not need Ralink cards and WMB anymore, as we can just use Apache HTTP Server.

sgstair

of course a HTTP client is about as difficult to write as a hello world app ;) I dare say we will be seeing a lot of interesting junk soon :D

-Stephen

now what do YOU think?

Also, will this allow graphics?

Tepples:

A web browser is an HTTP client plus a CSS layout engine plus an HTML parser plus an HTML default stylesheet.

So before we make a web browser, we need to make a simple HTTP client. Then if somebody builds a.nds loader around the HTTP client, we may not need Ralink cards and WMB anymore, as we can just use Apache HTTP Server.

sgstair

of course a HTTP client is about as difficult to write as a hello world app :D I dare say we will be seeing a lot of interesting junk soon :(

-Stephen

now what do YOU think?

Note that Stephen says the HTTP client is easy. And of course, it is; all you have to do is connect to port 80 and grab a HTML. Then what?

You have to parse it. That's the point made further up the thread: parsing isn't easy. And then you have to render the tree you've parsed out, and that's an order of magnitude harder again.

So go ahead, write a HTTP client. It'd just be a telnet connection with a fixed destination port of 80 :lol:

• 2 months later...

So, I guess is DSOrganize has a parser then what some people need to do is get together with them and help out so it gets done faster. :banghead:

Although, if the parser works but for images, and I think I've seen telnet/programs that can at least connect to a port... how come we don't have a text-based web browser yet? :D

Now I'm new to the DS scene (just got a DS Lite and have no dev hardware for it) so I can't really say too much; I'm trying to test stuff out on the emulators that are out there, it seems like most of the devkitpro examples crash them though...