MAMEoX128 Plus! v20060505 released

HK$

:( Hi HK$, are you planning to update some of the mame sega drivers like segas(16a,18,32).c, segaorun.c(turboOutrun), segaxbd.c(SuperMonacoGP) and segaybd(Powerdrift)? There's some nice game fixes and addittions in these updated drivers I think would be worth to merge on MameoX128plus!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been asked a 1000 times here, but is there any way to change the rom path to another directory in the.dat files? If so can a 2nd folder location be added as well? I have over the 4096 files that the Xbox can handle in a single directory so I had to split my roms into 2 folders which broke the normal rom/ directory.

Did a search here and didn't see anything mention anything about it. Again sorry if this has been asked tons of times.

Edited by Sp3eD

New version out! :)

What's new:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ver 20060505:

This is a fixed version of ver20060412.

1. Changed some malloc function to osd_malloc so if there's not enough memory, the emu will warn you instead of a crash. This fixed some crash when decrypting neogeo roms and the gfx error of Power Instinct 2 and Power Instinct Legends on 64m xbox.

2. Rewrote some neogeo gfx rom decrypting code, so it uses only 2K/8M ram instead of 40M/48M/64M to decrypt. Now on 128M xbox it doesnt need vmm to play kog, lans2004, and the svc bootlegs, and less vm is needed for svcpcb and kf2k3pcb. (On 64m xbox less vm is needed too. Some code is converted from iq_132's FBA code, thanks!)

3. Since some encrypted neogeo games need 8m physical memory to decrypt the gfx rom, if the neogeo game need vmm to play, you have to set the threshold value over 8m, or else you will get a crash. So I added a check in the gfx decrypting code, if virtual memory is used, and the threshold value is below 8m, it will warn you instead of a crash.

Due to these 3 changes/fixes, there shouldnt be any crash playing the neogeo games, even playing the huge encrypted neogeo games on 64m xbox.

3. If virtual memory is not used (which means, 'force vmm' is set to 'no', AND there is no info in vm.txt for the loaded game), then the xxpagefile.sys file wont be created in the cache drive.

4. Enable the patch to bypass the hardware test of Ghouls'n Ghosts which is tooooo slow.

5. Since many ppl never read the readme, and dont know there is an aspect ratio mode option, and then complain why the game is not in full screen, I have to set 'stretch' instead of 'original' as the default setting for aspect ratio mode...

6. Added new neogeo drivers: ms5pcb (Metal Slug 5 (JAMMA PCB)), ms5pcbd (Metal Slug 5 (JAMMA PCB,decrypted V,decrypted C)), svcpcba (SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom (JAMMA PCB, set 2)), mslug3b6 (Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 bootleg))

7. Some skin.ini fixes.

8. MAMEoX.xbe is not packed, so it's a bit large. But this will save some byte of memory. If you want to pack it to save some hd space, just use xbepack to pack it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THX.

In test, seems to works good with mame 0.105 roms.

Also posted on a good xbox french forum.

:P

If i want to play some roms that are on a DVD, what's the path i must set in mame to make it get roms from DVD ?

Edited by WildWold

You can use a custom icon if you would like. In XBMC all you need to do is take a JPG or PNG file that you want to use as the icon, name it 'default.tbn', and then drop it in the MAMEoX install directory. You can download some emulator icon packs here: Link