MAMEoX128 Plus! v20060505 released

HK$

It seems if you want to play encrypted neogeo games with vmm on, you must set the threshold value over 8m, otherwise you will get a crash.

Can anyone do some test to help me verify this?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the setting I use for many of the larger NeoGeo games (e.g. mslug5, samsho5, etc...): 12 16 65535

Works fine last I checked.

Anyway, using the "Force VMM" option is a very bad idea unless you are just using it to test and find the correct values for a game that will then be entered into the vm.txt file. Otherwise, that option should always be off and the correct values entered into the vm.txt file.

Edited by Thraxen

How do you find values for vm ?

I'm fighting to find good value for raiden fighters.

Well, what I do it look at the ROM size first. Then I find other ROMS of similar size and look to see if they have entries in the vm.txt file. If they do, I try those values first. Looking at ROMS of similar size isn't always accurate, but it gives a good starting point.

Once you have some initial values you want to turn on the force VMM option in the emulator menu and enter the settings you want to try. If they work, then enter those settings in the vm.txt file and turn the force vmm option off. If the game doesn't load or it stutters a lot, go back to the force vmm settings, enter a new setting, and then load the game again. Just keep repeating this process until you find a setting that works. You may also want to write down the values as you try them so you don't forget what you have tried.

Edited by Thraxen

Anyway, using the "Force VMM" option is a very bad idea unless you are just using it to test and find the correct values for a game that will then be entered into the vm.txt file.  Otherwise, that option should always be off and the correct values entered into the vm.txt file.

Yeah sure I know that, I said "play encrypted neogeo games with vmm on" didnt mean with "force VMM" on. ;)

I just want to verify if you need to set threshold value larger than 8M when playing encrypted neogeo games, either with the force vmm option or with vm.txt file.

THX guys, but i think i'm gonna do my rom life on a computer and little less on xbox.

Faster loading, games work better, no crc error, no files missing, no memory problems, etc...(in a way it's normal)

When i take a game like s1945p.zip, MAME v0.105.dat show it complete and the game works on a PC, but MAMEoX128_Plus!_ver20060412(RomCenter).dat show it complete too but the game don't work on xbox because xbox show that some files are missing.

Also when a game.zip seems incomplete, on a computer the game work, i don't know how, may be it take other roms in other games, but on xbox the game will not work until you repare it with rom center.

To much difference between mame xbox and mame pc, but it's the fault of the xbox, i hope that 360 will be patched so i'll by it and i hope emulators will work as good on it as on PC.

Well...It's not the fault of the xbox. You just dont really know how to audit your roms.

For example, when loading s1945p.zip, the emu will load some files from neogeo.zip. So if you have neogeo.zip on your computer but dont have it on your xbox, xbox emu will show some files are missing but pc emu wont.

All this stuff in Pc and in xbox too :

000-lo.lo

aes-bios.bin

asia-s3.rom

neo-po.bin

neodebug.rom

sfix.sfx

sm1.sm1

sp-e.sp1

sp-j2.rom

sp-s.sp1

sp-s2.sp1

sp1.jipan.1024

uni-bios.10

uni-bios.11

uni-bios.12

uni-bios.13

uni-bios.20

uni-bios.21

uni-bios.22

uni-bios.rom

usa_2slt.bin

vs-bios.rom

The games that work, work good, it's just that i'm bored of "loading time" and wasting time to configure each rom.

But you can't ask more to the xbox with only 64Mo of ram.

I will try to only keep the best and the best working game on xbox, for the others i'll play it on PC.

hello HK$!

i have a little problem with kof2003, mslug5,svc and samsho5

if iam load kof2003 or mslug5 with this setting

my xbox freeze on loading complete screen

the memory status is ok

i have normal xbox with 64

sry for my bad english

Edited by xtro

All this stuff in Pc and in xbox too :

000-lo.lo

aes-bios.bin

asia-s3.rom

neo-po.bin

neodebug.rom

sfix.sfx

sm1.sm1

sp-e.sp1

sp-j2.rom

sp-s.sp1

sp-s2.sp1

sp1.jipan.1024

uni-bios.10

uni-bios.11

uni-bios.12

uni-bios.13

uni-bios.20

uni-bios.21

uni-bios.22

uni-bios.rom

usa_2slt.bin

vs-bios.rom

The games that work, work good, it's just that i'm bored of "loading time" and wasting time to configure each rom.

But you can't ask more to the xbox with only 64Mo of ram.

I will try to only keep the best and the best working game on xbox, for the others i'll play it on PC.

The missing files are in neogeo.zip -- the neogeo bios files

hello HK$!

i have a little problem with kof2003, mslug5,svc and samsho5

if iam load kof2003 or mslug5 with this setting

my xbox freeze on loading complete screen

the memory status is ok

i have normal xbox with 64

sry for my bad english

I think it's due to a failure of mallco function when decrypting V roms. It should be already fixed in my later private version. And will be released soon. ;)