MAMEoX128 Plus! v20060505 released

HK$

HK$, it isn't mentioned in the changelog but have you improved the analog controls in this build?

It seems like many games that were unplayable before now control almost perfectly. <_>

Also is there any chance you'd consider adding a fast-forward function to skip past some of those long bootup ROM checks?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HK$ (or anybody familiar with mame..)

Thanks for all your hard work. I have a quick question. I am a huge virtua fighter fan and noticed that virtua fighter was listed in SupportedGames.txt. I have a xbox version 1.0 with 128megs of ram. The virtua fighter rom loads correctly and runs. I am able to select my fighter but once the match starts it immediatly goes to a draw(nobody wins). Am I doing something wrong? What does the supportedgames.txt refer to? Does it mean the rom will just load or does it mean it is playable? I tried the rom in macmame.103 and it plays correctly and used your dat files to make sure the rom is ok.

Thanks again for all you have done with mame on xbox.

since this is based on an older mame (v84), many of the games that got fixed since then are not working correctly on mameox as of yet.

virtua fighter being a 3d game would be too slow on xbox anyway which is why its best to avoid any 3d fighting games as such.

since this is based on an older mame (v84), many of the games that got fixed since then are not working correctly on mameox as of yet.

virtua fighter being a 3d game would be too slow on xbox anyway which is why its best to avoid any 3d fighting games as such.

So what does the supportedgames.txt refer to? Is it a mistake that it is listed here? The game seems to play full speed (audio and video) before and after the match that ends quickley as a draw (the zooming in and out of the match).

Thanks

So what does the supportedgames.txt refer to?  Is it a mistake that it is listed here?

Thanks

<_< This is what I think, the overwhelming list of roms from supportedgames.txt would be replaced by a list with only new added games, because we already know what roms are supported by mame0.84.

:D best additions are: Kabuki Z, Raiden Fighters2:2000 and Jet and a weird konami game.

<_ best additions are: kabuki z raiden fighters2:2000 and jet a weird konami game.>

Which version of RF Jet works? And can you please give some more info on the weird konami game?

Edited by + T +

He must means super bishi :D

BTW +T+, which games were unplayable before but now control almost perfectly? I dont think I changed anything about the analog controls. <_< (except in an earlier version I fixed a bug with analog controls caused by custom buttons)

Edited by HK$

Ah yes, Super Bishi Bashi is awesome. It was a great choice to include.

The first game in which I noticed a control difference was Return of the Jedi. In earlier builds of MAMEoX (not sure which versions) the stick was way too sensitive and the speeder bike would just shoot straight from one side of the screen to the other when you pushed it. It was virtually unplayable. Now it moves almost exactly as it should and I can actually get through the first level. :)

Star Wars also controls much better but I think I may have messed with the analog settings a while ago to try and improve it. But I've definitely never touched the settings of ROTJ.