Happy Passover everyone!

Ummm....happy passover? :clapping:

This day is also known as Ash Wednesday in remembrance of the Last Supper.

EDIT: Or is it supposed to be Thursday??? :clapping:

Edited by L.S.D

jews can eat bread...just not with yeast. i just finish reading that part in the bible because thats what i gave up for lent season...reading at least one part of the bibile a night...so far is going good..anyways back on topic...isnt passover til this thursday?...thats what all my claenders say...and the day after is good friday...well anyways thats as much as i know... :clapping:

Ummm....happy passover? tongue.gif

This day is also known as Ash Wednesday in remembrance of the Last Supper.

EDIT: Or is it supposed to be Thursday??? unsure.gif

ash wedenesday passed a long time ago and thats the start of lent season...im pretty sure this thursday is passover and thats the meal that moses had when the lord spokje to him when he was trying to leave egypt because egyptians were keeping the israelties as slaves...

just read Exodus the second book in the bible..you'll understand passover there :clapping:...thats what i did

Edited by Bo0

jews can eat bread...just not with yeast.

I guess you have never eaten yeast-less bread, AKA matsa. This thing can only be eaten in two forms: the fried matza form, AKA "matza-bre", which is basically matza fried with eggs, and this form.

Anyways, it was Passover when I started this thread. As far as I understand, since the time zone is different from Israel in other countries, so jews around the world celebrate passover both Wednesday and Thursday just to be sure they do it on the right date.

Luckily, we only have to do it once here in Israel. Doing it twice must suck. It means reading the Haggada twice. For those of you who don't know, the Haggada is a really really long holy text you have to read before you get to eat dinner :unsure:. Since the reading of the Haggada is done in rotation, every person around the table have his own copy of the Haggada. The problem is, that each copy has it's own order of the text, not to mention the missing parts and the ads. Therefore, in each Passover dinner, there will be at least one person who can't follow the reading. According to Murphy's law, that person will either be you or sit next to you constantly asking for your help.

Anyways, since I was hungry, I decided to speed-read my part. The next person decided to be mean to me, and read his part very slowly :o. I wanted to punch him, but than I recalled he is way stronger than me :(

Well, I guess that's it. Bo0, you can now tell your teacher you learned about Passover from a real jew. Though I am atheist... and I guess she won't like what I said...