Hacker Trouble

Tim is only in it for the money not the security, so he get $1 for each person who downloads firefox with the google bar. I'm glad I downloaded firefox earlier before that happened.

Thanks for the warning! I only wish I had seen this before I downloaded and installed it though. :o I guess Tim is now $1 richer... :(

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it's nothing compared to the rest of the ads on the site (which I have blocked with adblock :( )

Really? What sort of Adblocker do you use? :unsure:

I think I can begin to understand why hackers like to target A@H; everything from the Firefox ad to the other ads in the site can get really annoying really quick! :o

It's a good thing this site is now free of ads as far as I can see! :D

I bet it's nothing compared to the rest of the ads on the site (which I have blocked with adblock :( )

Really? What sort of Adblocker do you use? :unsure

Adblock Plus + FilterSet.G. The best ever.

Any browser you use is deemable as "f cked" to begin with. Some just have more stablity controls then others.

Then give me that I.E. BS. You know it, if you tweak that sheit accordingly, it's practically free sailings.

Good work Miskie! (very long time no hear).

And thanks to GameCop for the efforts to get us functional.

thanks, although I dont often post, I do lurk alot -- mainly to make sure all is well.

the changes I made yesterday should keep everything running smoothly - since thrn, there have been several exploit attempts against the server (probably because in hacker communities its now listed as exploitable) and all of these attempts have met with failure.

When I found the exploit used, I not only plugged that, but I plugged many, many others -- some I might have had, others that I didnt -- but I plugged them anyway.

I even plugged windows exploits, even though this is a Linux system (you would be surprised how many hackers try to gain access by attempting to exploit a nonexistant windows directory structure)

along with plugging the exploits, I also blacklisted several known hacker resource sites, several types of tools, several proxy servers, and other bad things.

If any of you use a proxy, it may no longer work -- Sorry, but, 'dem's the breaks' -- either find another or abondon your proxy altogether.

I didnt go as far as Teckel of Arcade@home and ban the Entire Asia Pacific region, but I could If Im pressed into it.

Nice work miskie, good to see you spotted the problems :(

I didnt go as far as Teckel of Arcade@home and ban the Entire Asia Pacific region, but I could If Im pressed into it.
:o If you try to go in using an anonymous/non-elite proxy, you'll be redirected to a picture of goatse. :( It says something like "John Kerry, open to new ideas."