best xvid to dvd app?

ok, i got 3 xvid files that i need to convert to dvd and i heard dvd santa was good to use but the damn thing just crashes everytime i choose start :naughty: and i grabbed tmpgexpress but it said it will take 17 hours! :naughty:

right now i'm grabbing cyberlink producer 3 and see how that is but if anyone suggests something better, please do reply :)

No way!

Prican get the latest NERO..."Create DVD" you just drag and drop your xvid...select create chapters automatically..you can adjust settings to do a 2-pass encode on it to make it look perfect! you can add menus or select no menus..

takes bout 20 mins and you have a dvd that autoplays and has chapters auto-cut! :naughty:

I've encoded close to 1000 films/tv episodes and tried more or less every app going. By far the best for amatuers and pros alike is TMPEGEnc 2.5 or TMPEGEnc 3.0 Express. Much more powerful and just as easy to use as these newer crappy encoders. Reason it says 17 hours is either the quality settings are too high ie the video bitrate is set to max out the DVD space or ur comp is slow. :clapping:

btw, once you have encoded to mpeg you will need to author it to make it dvd compliant. I only ever use 'TMPEGEnc DVD Author' as it's quick and simple but use whatever suits.