King of Fighters 2006 announced!

Gryph

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the MI series (this) is for consoles only.

I understand that but does this mean KoF2007 will be a Playstation 3 title ONLY? :clapping:

Ugh, SNK USA will be using the yearly format (but it's up to them to release a KOF game every year, but I think they won't they'll just the year format for future KOFMI titles).

SNK as a whole dropped the yearly titles for their main series, the 2D one, and will be going under episodes numbers.

KOF 2005, you could say, is KOF11, but they'll release a KOF every few years now (2D).

Ugh, SNK USA will be using the yearly format (but it's up to them to release a KOF game every year, but I think they won't they'll just the year format for future KOFMI titles).

SNK as a whole dropped the yearly titles for their main series, the 2D one, and will be going under episodes numbers.

KOF 2005, you could say, is KOF11, but they'll release a KOF every few years now (2D).

Ah, I see!

Do you mean to say SNK intends to continue making 2D King of Fighters games? :clapping:

Does this mean that we might have to wait until 2008 before we see a 2D KoF XII in the arcades? :clapping:

Edited by garyoak99

if this is another KOF Maximum Impact....ill pass

Hey, KOF: MI wasn't that bad. Not by a long shot.

Hm I guess Maximum Impact 2's name change is now official.

yes,

more or less, kof 11 or 12 is going to be the true 2d sequel.

kof 2k6 is just a renaming to make more money.

they're going to keep making both 2d and 3d kofs

Their both in a seperate continuity anyways.

With MI being the spiritual sucessor in storyline for the FF series while KOF is fixing all the odds and ends now from merging all their franchieses.

With MI being the spiritual sucessor in storyline for the FF series while KOF is fixing all the odds and ends now from merging all their franchieses.

How is KoF2006 a sequel to the Fatal Fury series? :blink:

How are they planning to merge Maximum Impact and its main franchise? :lol:

How is KoF2006 a sequel to the Fatal Fury series? :blink:

How are they planning to merge Maximum Impact and its main franchise? :lol:

Ugh, not they aren't.

I specifically said their both in different continities, MI is all Falcoon's crap while the main is completely untouched (yet somehow influenced in a little ways that goes back and forth).

The MI series is a completely different track off from where it deverges from FF.

Same with the KOF series.