Sony's Blu Ray

1st player......roughly $1k. ROOFLES TO THE MAX! Have fun stupid yuppies with more money than brains, and good luck to Sony getting enough of them buying it to bring the price down for the average joe inside of 10 years.

1st player......roughly $1k. ROOFLES TO THE MAX! Have fun stupid yuppies with more money than brains, and good luck to Sony getting enough of them buying it to bring the price down for the average joe inside of 10 years.

Way too expensive, I would go with the HD-DVD it cheaper. *Game companies would prefer cheaper solutions.

I heard that the Blu-Ray player can't even play a CD.

Edited by Hexter

You know people will buy it though, but only people with more money than brains like I said.

It's a fact that the earth is like what? 70% water?

It's also a well known fact that 70% of the earths population have skulls filled with air.

The world has to balance out somewhere.....stupidity seems to be where it happens.

No, DVD players were around $500 when they hit the consumer market, and within 2 years fell below $300. The same is slated for HD-DVD players, which have been said to hit shelves near the $500 mark.

How do you get anyone with a brain to spend a GRAND on something to watch movies on, when DVD (By consumer standards) is only 8 years old?

No, DVD players were around $500 when they hit the consumer market, and within 2 years fell below $300. The same is slated for HD-DVD players, which have been said to hit shelves near the $500 mark.

How do you get anyone with a brain to spend a GRAND on something to watch movies on, when DVD (By consumer standards) is only 8 years old?

I coundn't say better myself, also the Blu-ray disc itself well not be hybrid compatible between Blu-Ray and Normal DVD Player, but HD-DVD disc (some of them) itself will hybrid between HD-DVD and Normal DVD Players.

IMO Blu-ray kind of violates comsumers rights.

Edited by Hexter

Way too expensive, I would go with the HD-DVD it cheaper. *Game companies would prefer cheaper solutions.

I heard that the Blu-Ray player can't even play a CD.

Game publishers would think other wise, if they see the revenue of Blu-Ray games is better then HD-DVD games, they'll rethink their gameplan. But in this day in age, it wouldn't really matter now would it? Seeing how key franchieses are going multi-console, even PC.

well with all this drm nonsense going on and paying an arm and leg what do you benift hd-dvd blu-ray other than bragging rights but at what cost?

I rather try out the chinese alternative evd hopefully with out the extra drm but definitely not the same costs, but still have hd-tv capabilities