Kawa-X --- Metal Slug 4 & 5

ReRuss

I been stumped and lost like crazy and attempting to get MS4 and MS5 running on Kawa-X (I beleive Kawa-X SE since it WILL see MS4 and MS5)

I would like to know if there's any place I could get the roms I need to get those games running

just some ready to run solution already zipped up n all, or just teh files that I'd have to replace maybe

any help would be fine, thanx

personaly, you're better off using the latest FBA-XXX PRO as that uses the latest romsets since kawa-x hasn't been updated for 2 years now since Mr.K aka Mhz (orginal kawaks author) doesn't wanna publically release his latest kawa-x due to ppl hacking the old one.

but to answer your question anyway, theres an old topic here from a year ago that Mr.X released a patch so you can play some of the new neogeo games on kawa-x by killing off a few games in their place but you gotta search for the topic.

i ve used a lot of emulators and found that MAME is the best emulator

for neo-geo out there,so try to get mame roms and get them to work with mame32

kawaks is not supposed to be that accurate too ill have you know

i read this on this site(some raster thing...i dunno)

Kawa-x is an excellent emulator to this day, but now that Fbaxxx has been improved greatly it is my choice for neo geo. The biggest draw for me is the cpu overclock in fbaxxx, it works out alot of slowdowns on some of those neo games, but i will admit Kawa has good speed considering its age. Kawa x also has very good sound emulation, untill not very long ago that was no the case with fbaxxx. All in all both are very good coded emu's. As far as mame, its got variety, but cannot match the cps1-2 and neo emulation of these cpu specific emu's. Check out Mr.X thread and hopefully Thraxen is still hosting that patch, alot of other games are supported in it to(progear, pnya,ect.) I can dig it up if not.

while i don't disagree that mame does neogeo best but for xbox sake, hes better off with fba-xxx pro unless he has the extra memory installed in his xbox to make mameox load/play the games better.

kawa-x is too old to bother with now at days since the romsets keep changing until if and when Mr.K aka Mhz can release a new kawa-x seeing how the theres no longer a worry about hacking it since the 2003 roms are over and done with.

found a mslug5 topic but links are dead

I will try out FBA-XXX and edit with my results

edit - well FBA-XXX says I need decrypted m1 n stuff, anybody know where I could just get the roms then, I coiuld decrypt he mslug4 C's, just not anything else

Edited by ReRuss

i think it will be easier if you just grab the nd version of the roms as they have decryped roms which kawa-x begs for just keep in mind that it doesn't care for crc's of the roms but it needs the right size roms :naughty:

edited the post taking out the request :(