Sega Genesis Games To Be On Nintendo Revolution

A whaaaa???????

/me cries

/me is so happy

/me starts saving pennies in a big jar now to buy a revolution in 6 months :P

:huh: omg its like buying a premodded xbox for half the price

DC Downloads would be awesome, and with the state DC Emulation is in its probably possible as a future upgrade or something because its going pretty good.

all this sounds really awesome, the only thing keeping me from wanting to buy a rev and do this stuff is im afraid of the cost-per-game

I honestly doubt that the Revolution will be able to handle dreamcast emulation. Maybe a port or partial emulation though ^^

At ~900mhz, it's just not fast enough.

• 3 months later...
I honestly doubt that the Revolution will be able to handle dreamcast emulation.  Maybe a port or partial emulation though ^^

actually, that's debatable.

see the reason most emulation isn't perfect, is because there's no precise understanding of the hardware, it's all reverse engineered and methods are developed to get around certain things... hence needing alot of processing power.

however, if sega does give nintendo the schemantics and all the details, and works with nintendo, then dc emulation MIGHT (stress the word MIGHT) be possible.

This is true

Isnt the reason PSX Emulation works so well because people figured out/aquired exact schematics and everything? Or is PSX programming just really simple? (alot of developers said it was much easier than N64 anyway if i remember right)

I honestly doubt that the Revolution will be able to handle dreamcast emulation.  Maybe a port or partial emulation though ^^

actually, that's debatable.

see the reason most emulation isn't perfect, is because there's no precise understanding of the hardware, it's all reverse engineered and methods are developed to get around certain things... hence needing alot of processing power.

however, if sega does give nintendo the schemantics and all the details, and works with nintendo, then dc emulation MIGHT (stress the word MIGHT) be possible.

Possible, yes. At a decent speed? Probably not. More likely than not, dreamcast games would have to be ported, or half-ported like the xbox1 games on the xbox360.

This is true

Isnt the reason PSX Emulation works so well because people figured out/aquired exact schematics and everything? Or is PSX programming just really simple? (alot of developers said it was much easier than N64 anyway if i remember right)

PSX is magnitudes more simple than the N64.