VisualBoy Advance Save Problems

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a newbie at everything around here, from this site to the whole emulation thing. Haldrie and Agozer, please don't get mad at me for being as stupid as I am! It looks like people haven't been here in a long time, especially Haldrie... but I've done pretty much everything that people have said to do on here, and none of it has worked.

I'm trying to save in-game for Pokemon FireRed. Auto IPS patching is on. I tried the vba-over.ini file, but realized you don't need that if you are only going to play one game, and Pokemon FireRed is the only game that I will play. Please don't tell me to read something that someone has said already, because I've read the whole thread a couple times in the last couple of days (I know, I'm desperate). Right now, I am on Cinnibar Island, almost to the Elite Four, and I wanted to trade with someone. That's when I realized that I have been saving it wrong (save states).

I also tried cybervegeto22's thing on the top of page 12. But of course, even that didn't work for me. So, please reply back to me... :clapping:

In order to get in-game saving to work, you need to set the correct savetype and start a new game. If you switch the savetype mid-game, in-game saving will not work, even if the correct savetype is set. That's from my experience anyway, but I could be wrong.

If Haldrie shows up, he can clarify this.

P.S. There's really nothing you can do, since trading relies on the in-game save data being present.

• 2 months later...

hey just started playing fire red on vba.

my problem is ive changed the save type to flash 128k and it was all working fine and now after restarting 3 times >.<

the save files wont load and the game starts as if i had never saved in the first place. i dont get it, im using the in game save and i can see the save files sitting there in its folder but they wont load, any help is very appreciated

• 2 months later...

Hey. Now I haven't read EVERY post here but I've done my share of skimming. I have a problem saving Pokemon FireRed. It starts saving then says "Saving error. Please exchange the backup memory." What does that mean and how do I fix it..? I just really want to be able to have in-game saves.. Any help will be appreciated =3