VisualBoy Advance Save Problems

VBA-M looks nice, but doesn't seem able to open the same game in two different instances of the program, at least for me, (when I open the same rom in a different window the screen remains white.) 1.8 may be old as dirt, but others seem able to trade with themselves using it, is there some step here I'm missing? Because it feels like I am following everyone's procedures to the letter.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I tried all the methods above, and its working. Now I can save new game to 128K, but I still have a problem - I cant update my old VBA save state to 128K. When I try to save it, .sav file updates to 64K ^_^

Can somebody help me please to update this save state to 128K so I will be able to continue game after beating E4 and save game?

ps: its pokemon fire red save state

download save state here

Edited by Jurakis

Hi there,

I tried all the methods above, and its working. Now I can save new game to 128K, but I still have a problem - I cant update my old VBA save state to 128K. When I try to save it, .sav file updates to 64K :(

Can somebody help me please to update this save state to 128K so I will be able to continue game after beating E4 and save game?

ps: its pokemon fire red save state

download save state here

I downloaded your save state and will work on getting a battery file from it soon.

• 4 months later...

Okay found something very weird you know how if you have a saving problem you can switch to 128K well I couldn't save on my Pokemon Emerald 386 while it was set on 128K it would delete the save file well I switched it back to 64K and it works now will some tell me why im confused

• 1 month later...

Hi and i'm sorry for bringing this thread from the grave

I'm playing Pokemon Fire Red and I have the save error.

I've seen many kinds of solutions and it got me all confused. Can someone please tell me what is the way to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

Have you actually read the the first post in this thread?

Yeah, read the entire thread.

I'm feeling like stupid for not understanding what to do since so many solutions were described.

Can you please quote a certain post that tells exactly what to do?

Thanks. :]

Edit:

"The simplist way to fix this problem is to increase the Flash Memory size in the emulator (Options->Emulator->Save Type and choose "Flash 128K")."

I've done that and it helps only if I start the game all over from the beginning, but I don't want that.. Many hours of playing..

Edited by NikeWK

Edit:

"The simplist way to fix this problem is to increase the Flash Memory size in the emulator (Options->Emulator->Save Type and choose "Flash 128K")."

I've done that and it helps only if I start the game all over from the beginning, but I don't want that.. Many hours of playing..

That is how you are supposed to do it. If you have started a game with the wrong savetype, you can't just switch to the correct savetype and resume play; you'll have to start from the beginning.

You have yourself to blame, if you've played for hours upon hours with the wrong savetype and haven't tried to save your game even once. If you had, it wouldn't be such a huge setback to start from scratch.

Pokemon Yellow is a GameBoy game. Pokemon FireRed is a GameBoy Advance game. Two completely different systems.

Also, from the first post:

The game will run as it would on the real GBA without any problems and you won't get a "Save is Corrupted" message when you go to load your game again. The only problem with either of these methods is that they cannot fix an existing save file. You will have to start a new game with these setting enabled. Yes I did try this and even though it increased the save file size to 128K it still gave me a corrupt save message when I went to load my game (even though it loaded anyway). A corrupt save message does not mean you can't load your save (as you really still can) but it does get annoying and this fix will help to prevent it from ever showing up again in these games.