VisualBoy Advance Save Problems

I was reading a few pages back that there was a way to fix corropt battery save that had been ips patched. Well i didnt use battery save i only used save states and up to elite for. but what if a ips patched it to make battery save work then use the method described about a page or two ago.

By the way my pokemon fire red rom is unpatched if that wasnt clear

I've already answered this question here:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...st&p=225884

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.

I have read all the earlier posts, and it seems i have a similar problem as monkey-d-luffy. I have the rescue team something something and can't save. i have dled your ini file and put it in the folder with my vba. I have even renamed the code for my particular game, because it's european. I have also tried to start a new game and saved, but it still doesn't work. Oh, and I have used state save or whatever. I'm not so good with the codes and stuff you know...

• 3 weeks later...
Hey.

I have read all the earlier posts, and it seems i have a similar problem as monkey-d-luffy. I have the rescue team something something and can't save. i have dled your ini file and put it in the folder with my vba. I have even renamed the code for my particular game, because it's european. I have also tried to start a new game and saved, but it still doesn't work. Oh, and I have used state save or whatever. I'm not so good with the codes and stuff you know...

yeah I'm having the same problem, I made the vba-over file and put in the same folder, game still says save failed when I try and save.

Did you delete the old .sav file? VBA will still try to use the same save setting that was used in the .sav file it loads not matter what setting you have set. This includes the vba-over.ini file settings. Delete the .sav file the goes with the game you're trying to save in and try again.

hmmm alright, lets see how that works

10 min later:

no luck, still says save failed and I deleted the .sav file, I'll try re-downloading the game I guess, rombomb has been faithful to me so far on roms so this should work too... the saved states wouldn't have any effect would they?

Edited by Salokin

The save states will prevent you from continuing to play after you beat the Elite Four becaue the game has to reset and load yoru in-game battery save and if there is none to load (or if it can't save to begin with) then the game is basically over for you. If you use a save state now there is no way to make a battery save from it so all your hard work will be for nothing as a lot of people have found out the hard way already.

Are you sure you have the vba-over.ini in the right folder and extracted from the zip file it's in? Also, are you using the US version as that is the only version in the vba-over.ini file on page 2 of this topic.

darn... ohwell, just two hours, and I don't think Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue has any elite four XP... does it? You're farther than me no doubt. I'll have to check on the vba-over thing I guess, shoot I'll just make a list of things to do tomorrow for this thing. Gah I'm so hopeless on my dreams of ever becoming a game designer.

Holy crap yes it worked! hehe tons-o-thanks Haldrie *huggles*

Edited by Salokin