that's why I hate to lose it :P

>_> man oh man you know to much about this damn game xD

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just search it on da web when you say 'you can recruit ...'

I don't memorize it duh

ohh lmao i though you knew this off the top of your head i was just like holy crap hahaha

Okay, I've decided to try this Vba-Over.ini file, but.. Can someone please explain to me how I make it? I couldn't find it in the Readme, so I've no idea what I'm doing. Help :thumbsup1:

Uh. create and empty file with the name vba-over.ini perhaps? As in, you know, create and empty text file for example save it. Instead of it having a filename vba-over.txt, rename it to vba-over.ini. Then just paste whatever data you need from this thread into that file and save the changes.

@T r i t a g o n i s t:

The vba-over.ini file will only work for GameBoy Advance games in VBA. Pokemon Silver is a GameBoy Color game so the saves are a bit different. You only need to do the in-game save for any game in any emulator. All other save types are just an extra feature of the emulator that can also be a bit buggy. By default the battery saves should be saved in the same folder as the rom you loaded. Did the file disappear or does it just not show your save when you load the rom?

@Poké Master:

It sounds to me like you are talking about Red Rescue Team but I'm not entirely sure what it is you're asking.

I've been trying to play Pokemon Fire Red and from the beginning I had that message saying something about "exchanging memory backup". I downloaded the vba-over.ini file and changed the configuration to automatic/128kb. Strangely, even though I can now save normally (i.e. from inside the game), I cannot load the game I just saved, it just starts from the beginning without even showing "load game" or "new game" (it just re-starts).

I've read all the entries and haven't found an answer to this problem so I'm hoping someone will be able to help, since I have no idea if it has to do with the .ini, the rom or the emulator (I have the standard BPRE Rom written in the .ini and I'm using the 1.4 version of the VBA).

Thanks.

P.S.: The message it shows says something like "the saved file is corrupted". I've tried restarting the game many times and it sometimes allows me to load the saved game, but other times it doesn't (even though during the game it says that I "successfully saved the game").

Edited by Pipukas

@Pipukas

You are suppose to set it to Automatic/64K and let the vba-over.ini file handle the 128K games as setting it to 128K will corrupt games that use 64K Flash. Also you have to delete your existing save file in order for the new changes to take effect. Yes this means you will loose the progress you've made so far but until someone makes a program to fix these saves there isn't much you can do.

@pokefreak

You have to delete (or backup) your current save file. This is the .sav file that VBA created when you started the game and is found in the same folder as the rom by default. I modified my VBA's settings so that all of my saves are put in a single folder in the same directory as VBA titles 'saves' so that I can manage them easier. As long as the rom and save are named the same they will load together.

[EDIT]

Also my vba-over.ini file is in a zip file so you have to extract it and put it in the same folder as the VBA executable.

Edited by Haldrie

I was reading a few pages back that there was a way to fix corropt battery save that had been ips patched. Well i didnt use battery save i only used save states and up to elite for. but what if a ips patched it to make battery save work then use the method described about a page or two ago.

By the way my pokemon fire red rom is unpatched if that wasnt clear

Edited by unclebilljr