VisualBoy Advance Save Problems

@kitsunebi:

The vba-over.ini file will only work if you start the game over from the begining by deleting the .sav file (or .sa# for vba link). I know this is unfortunate but so far I have found no other way to fix this.

@Jeffroe888:

It would seem that the feature to change the save type was removed in the mac version. I don't think there is any way to fix this from what I've seeing from the screenshots and the readme file.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jeffroe888:

It would seem that the feature to change the save type was removed in the mac version. I don't think there is any way to fix this from what I've seeing from the screenshots and the readme file.

Ah Well... I suppose I could leave my computer on for a week or so until I beat the game lol... or just buy it :/

Thanks for trying though.

• 2 weeks later...

it needs sacrifice to save officially @ pokemon dungeon red

here it goes! i have done it:

1.delete your save file from the emulator <------ this is the BIG sacrifical

don't want to do this? just move it somewhere else. i can still work

2.play the game, new game, don't save with ctrl+s until you save officially

3.after you save officially at the bed you can save with ctrl+s and that doesn't bother the save file!!!

you can play the old save file but you can never save it officially with that file...

or else you can have 2 save files. 1 from the somewhere else that you save your old save file and 1 the save-able file. it's your choice!!

it needs sacrifice to save officially @ pokemon dungeon red

here it goes! i have done it:

1.delete your save file from the emulator <------ this is the BIG sacrifical

don't want to do this? just move it somewhere else. i can still work

2.play the game, new game, don't save with ctrl+s until you save officially

3.after you save officially at the bed you can save with ctrl+s and that doesn't bother the save file!!!

you can play the old save file but you can never save it officially with that file...

or else you can have 2 save files. 1 from the somewhere else that you save your old save file and 1 the save-able file. it's your choice!!

The thing is that you will also not be able to play after the game resets since it will ask you to load our save file which you won't have since the game won't be able to save before it resets. This is why it's just best to face the cold, hard truth and start over.

I started a new game... I left my fellows pokémon deleted... :clapping:

Oh..... my poor KECLEON :clapping::(

get it with friend bow and high lvl !!!!!!! :clapping:

with MUCH luck you can recruit it. SERIOUS :clapping:

Okay, I downloaded VisualBoyAdvance last night, purely to experience the joy of playing Pokemon Silver again, hehe.. And to my great irritation, after I'd gotten decently far into the game, I discovered that I could not load up my saved game. I saved the game itself (Enter > Save game), and I saved a file to my desktop (File > Save) And I saved it into VisualBoyAdvance (File > Save Game > Choose Slot).

The Saved game disappeared, when I loaded Pokemon Silver up again, the only options where New Game and Options (No Continue Game), I couldn't load up the saved file from my desktop, as all it said was 'Unsupported File Type' and the VisualBoyAdvance save wasn't there, like, I went to Load, and there was nothing in the ten slots.

So, much to my dismay, my saved game was gone. I would really, really, really appreciate any help on my problem/s, so thanks in advance :).

I started a new game... I left my fellows pokémon deleted... :(

Oh..... my poor KECLEON :(:(

get it with friend bow and high lvl !!!!!!! :D

with MUCH luck you can recruit it. SERIOUS :P

that sentence right there just confused the flock outta me....

that's how to I get my kecleon.

They say kecleon's recruit percentage is -0,3...so %

it's a minus!!

O.o is it even possible to get something with a -0.3% capture rate....