VisualBoy Advance Save Problems

Just to let everyone know this thread is not dead and as long as I'm here it will never die. If you need help you can feel free to post your question(s) here or contact me directly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know macs arent the most popular in the emulator community but thats what ive got. im running pokemon leafgreen out visual boy advance and im having save problems too. unfortunately the posts i read won't work on macs. any ideas?

I know macs arent the most popular in the emulator community but thats what ive got. im running pokemon leafgreen out visual boy advance and im having save problems too. unfortunately the posts i read won't work on macs. any ideas?

It should be the same solution.

Change the save to Flash 128K

I am having the same problem with VBA on my mac. I have read through this thread and nothing seems to help because the Windows Operating system is much different than that of a Macs, there is no option button where you can change the settings for the emulator. Can someone help? I'll try to get screenshots up if that helps.

I am having the same problem with VBA on my mac. I have read through this thread and nothing seems to help because the Windows Operating system is much different than that of a Macs, there is no option button where you can change the settings for the emulator. Can someone help? I'll try to get screenshots up if that helps.

That would help. I no longer have a mac so I cant remember what the gui is like.

Maybe under preferences?

I really forgot what is under each tab

I don't see any option that might work here. I don't even see a save type option or any ini or other setting files in the directory where you have VBA. This may take some looking into.

[EDIT]

Post a copy of the readme file so I can look at it.

Edited by Haldrie

VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.4

If you enjoy this software please consider a donation.

http://software.emuscene.com

About

VisualBoyAdvance is a GameBoy/GameBoy Color/GameBoy Advance emulator for Mac OS X. If you have any suggestions or bug reports for VisualBoyAdvance, you can email me at: adam at emuscene dot com.

A GameBoyAdvance BIOS file is optional for VisualBoyAdvance. You can select this file in the preferences before playing GameBoy Advance games. Note that it is not required to have BIOS image to run VisualBoyAdvance. If you would like to use the bios, place it in the same folder as VisualBoyAdvance with the filename "gbasys.bin" (without quotes). Do not ask me for rom images, I will be forced to forward those emails to the proper authorities.

VisualBoyAdvance supports zipped and gzipped roms transparently.

Cheats for GameBoy Advance games must be entered while no rom is running. Select close rom from the File menu and then you can enter the cheats using the cheat items under the Options menu respective to the type of code you want to enter. After entering your codes, click OK and then select a rom using the Open Rom... option in the File menu, and your cheat codes will be applied to that game.

Default Controls

The keys for VisualBoyAdvance are as follows:

Up - Up Arrow Key

Down - Down Arrow Key

Left - Left Arrow Key

Right - Right Arrow Key

Start - Return

Select - Backspace

A Button: z

B Button: x

L Button: a

R Button: s

Speed Up: Space Bar

Capture Screenshot: + key

Save State: Shift with F1 - F8 for respective slot

Load State: F1 - F8 for respective slot

Keys can be configured under the "Option" menu when a rom is not running.

Tips For Speeding Up VisualBoyAdvance

•Select a higher frameskip value

•Turn sound down to 22khz or 11khz

•Turn sound off

•Turn off video filters

•Get a faster Mac

There you are :huh: Thnx again for the attempt to help me :) lol.

Edited by Jeffroe888

I'm glad I found this site....got a odd problem

SO......while playing FR and LG when I trade starter Pokemon, the game that I traded the starters to, restarts the game when I restart the game to the very beginning. the other is fine. This happens in both VBALink versions 172 and 180. I have downloaded and placed the vba-over.ini file in the emulator folder but the problem persists .

I am wondering if it is the ROM that is causing the restart?