VisualBoy Advance Save Problems

You need some proper spelling, grammar and punctuation for that to be even considered readible dude.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need some proper spelling, grammar and punctuation for that to be even considered readible dude.

aww come on! wtf is dis? english classess? since wen does gramma mater on a forum?

Since WE said so. If you're not going to put any effort in proper spelling, we're not going to put any effort in helping you nor listening to anything you have to say.

If you can't deal with that, leave.

aww come on! wtf is dis? english classess? since wen does gramma mater on a forum?

Since WE said so. If you're not going to put any effort in proper spelling, we're not going to put any effort in helping you nor listening to anything you have to say.

If you can't deal with that, leave.

alright mate, sorry bout that. Now what do you want me do? Rewrite da whole post or just correct it?

I kinda have the same problem. I started my game as i start any other game, but when i was trying to save there was the "save failed" error; I didn't pay to much attention to that because i could save my states as a "SGM" file using ctrl + s and opening it using ctrl + o. Now i have made a lot of progress on my game only by saving but i want to use the wondermail that is only accessible on the main screen of the game, and to do that i need to turn off the game and turn it on again, but since i could never save "normally" now im trying to load my "SGM" file and successfully perform an in-game save in order to save it as the sav file.

In the folder of my game [pkmn red rescue team] there is an automatically generated .sav file, and it's 64 kb. here is so far what i have tried to fix it.

1. i deleted the vba.ini file and inserted the vba-over.ini file (downloadable in a previous page on this post), and then i changed the visualboy advance properties to save on 128 kb.

2.i moved a copy of the game (not the sav, only the game) to another folder and started a new game over there.(this game now allowed me to save automatically aka. it's working good.)

3. I moved a copy of the good save (128 kb file) to the old folder on which i have my old 64kb file.NOTE (i saved a copy of this good save in case i messed it up)

4. I deleted my 64 kb file in the old folder and renamed the new 124 kb exactly as the old was named.

5. i open my game, and the battery is succesfully loaded with the "new" game

Now here is where i have some trouble, i am trying to load my saved game (SGM file) and perform an in-game save, but every time i try it, the error comes back again - "save failed". Next i check the sav file that i moved and it was converted from 128 to 64 kb again, i checked my vba options again and everything is correct, the only problem is that i can't load my old saved game and perform the in-game save.

Can anyone provide some help? please?.

There is a possible way to fix the save if that save was created using the IPS patch. Email me your save file (haldrie@aim.com) and I will see if I can fix it for you and send you the corrected save file. Note however that if you are using save states then there is nothing I can do for you and yes you will have to start over.

[EDIT]

Also if you use the vba-over.ini file DO NOT change the save properties in VBA. This will cause problems for games that use 64k Flash saves similar to the ones people are experiencing with the Pokemon games. The vba-over.ini file is used to override VBA's settings for specific games. The only games that are in the file in my post on the previous page are the US Pokemon games.

Edited by Haldrie

Alrite Haldrie thanks for that.

But I think my games are saved states! sO that means that nothing can be done about that rite? and say that I was to start the game over yeah, how would i do it? like can you give me a step-by-step?

When I unzip the MD:RRT rom it gives me a folder WITH the IPS patch and when it is not unzipped then the IPS is not active.

So with this what would be the best way for me to start?

Thanks.

Edited by Monkey D. Luffy

There is a possible way to fix the save if that save was created using the IPS patch. Email me your save file (haldrie@aim.com) and I will see if I can fix it for you and send you the corrected save file. Note however that if you are using save states then there is nothing I can do for you and yes you will have to start over.

[EDIT]

Also if you use the vba-over.ini file DO NOT change the save properties in VBA. This will cause problems for games that use 64k Flash saves similar to the ones people are experiencing with the Pokemon games. The vba-over.ini file is used to override VBA's settings for specific games. The only games that are in the file in my post on the previous page are the US Pokemon games.

oh ok, thanks with all the help, i will send the SAV file which is 64 kb of memory, but that file doesn't have any of my progress on the game because the emulator would not allow me to save, that is only a sav file that is loaded every time i open the game. after that i open my save state (SGM) on which i have all my progress T_T and now i know there is no possible way of getting my information saved.

I was able to create the working 128 kb SAV file by doing the fixes previously posted, but this only will work if i start a new game, i wanted to use my old save states (SGM files) T_T T_T T_T snif snif .., i think that means you don't need the 64 kb sav file right, pretty much i just wanted to know how to use my save states to create a SAV file, btu thanks with all the help.

I don't know how to upload files to a post, but i will send you a copy of my game to see if you can do ANYTHING with it, and a copy of the working 128 SAV file so you can upload it here into the post to help others start a NEW game and be able to save properly.

I think this also answer the question of Monkey D. Luffy. No you are not going to be able to save all your work, but then again, wondermail is not NECESARY to play the game, it's only an option. I hope it helps, untill someone finds a way to use the load states to create a sav file.

Notes: Staff aren't dicks, but proper grammar and punctuation is a must. You can throw out spelling out the window for all we care and use the usual;

u

nao

kno

har har

fuyu

It can be written like "plz help me dude" or similar down those lines. In fact, add coherency, we love coherency, makes it reading that much more fun! As for the subject at hand, I have no look, so our resident Pokemon Expert Hal will take questions!

@djdan1791:

If you haven't been able to save then just delete the save and VBA will make a new one that is 128k in size.

@Monkey D. Luffy:

hmm....send me your save state and I might be able to try something to get you a working sav file from it.