Official + Legal PS1 Emulation on the PSP!

Mooney

Look at this article from IGN:

PS Biz Brief 06: PSP E-Distribution

Download and play PSOne games.

by Chris Roper

March 14, 2006 - Sony's Ken Kutaragi continues to drop PlayStation Portable news during the company's PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 as he's just announced that the PSP will see "E-Distrubution" features added sometime in the future.

Users will be able to boot software directly from their Memory Stick, all official-like this time around (you know what I mean). The first major announcement for use of this will be a series of PSOne games - yes, you will be able to download classic PlayStation titles and play them on your PSP. No word yet as of whether or not you'll be able to transfer games directly via disc or not, or which games we should see first, but more news on this as it comes in.

Sw33t! Saga Frontier and REAL MGS (Not that 'Acid' poser) on my PSP! :( Now if that doesn't seem like the coolest thing EVER.... go die. :) This sure would help PSP in the race against the DS.

Edited by Mooney

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at this article from IGN:
PS Biz Brief 06: PSP E-Distribution

Download and play PSOne games.

by Chris Roper

March 14, 2006 - Sony's Ken Kutaragi continues to drop PlayStation Portable news during the company's PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 as he's just announced that the PSP will see "E-Distrubution" features added sometime in the future.

Users will be able to boot software directly from their Memory Stick, all official-like this time around (you know what I mean). The first major announcement for use of this will be a series of PSOne games - yes, you will be able to download classic PlayStation titles and play them on your PSP. No word yet as of whether or not you'll be able to transfer games directly via disc or not, or which games we should see first, but more news on this as it comes in.

Sw33t! Saga Frontier and REAL MGS (Not that 'Acid' poser) on my PSP! :( Now if that doesn't seem like the coolest thing EVER.... go die. :) This sure would help PSP in the race against the DS.

I think that is their intention! :lol:

Yeah, lack of buttons and a stick would seem to be an issue. I'm sure there are a lot of games for which it won't be a huge deal, but its a hell of a setback for plenty of titles. PSPSP maybe? :)

Edited by Daeval

Ape escape on the loose is so gay!! No right analog stick = no fun.

Not adding l2 and r2 was understandable yet stupid (due to psp size). But no right analog stick? That was just plain retarded.

Yeah, they kinda shot themselves in the foot with that. I wouldn't have minded any extra bulk just so I could have L2 and R2. Or the other joystick.

Edited by Mooney

Ape escape on the loose is so gay!! No right analog stick = no fun.

Not adding l2 and r2 was understandable yet stupid (due to psp size). But no right analog stick? That was just plain retarded.

signed with Ryuken's blood.