Palette Editor?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any tools to edit the character sprites in the Neo Geo games. I'm talking something like the color edit feature of fighting games like Darkstalkers 3 (original character mode = color edit), kof 2002 and 2003, SVC Chaos, Capcom vs SNK 2, etc. I'm looking to use them for myself, not to release hacks to the public like King of Fighters 10th Anniversary, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and others.

I tried searching on Google already, but only came across one I've used before, called NeoPal. I had trouble finding the palettes for garou and never got an answer when I asked the maker of it for tips on how to find the palettes, so I got rid of it. However, the link to the download is dead now and I couldn't find any others.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I don't know that this is guaranteed to work with all games, but... in Samurai Shodown for instance you can "ramp up" the palette value in a cheat file past 1-4. This effectively gives you 256 different combinations of colors to work, although you'll have to go through them individually to make sure they look acceptable (it also affects things such as skin-tones.) There are normally 4-entry strings which work well amid 100s of entries of garishness (for instance, 64-67 might work brilliantly for Galford and Hanzo but not anyone else), but it does give you a bunch of extra colors, some of which are much prettier than the defaults.